Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bluechron Chrono

Pictures seem a little sparse at present. When we have one at the club this weekend I'll see if I can get some photos.
    The spanner is use to nip up the nut that holds the mounting block to the unit.
    Never had any problems with mountings on the CB625 thumb screw.
    Regards, Kevin -

Cornwall Airgunners Club.

Quote Originally Posted by robinghewitt View Post
    You is nosing

Someone give us some better pics and tell me what that spanner is for
    http://www.bluechron.com/downloads/bc100a.pdf

Mount assembly
    The mount assembly should be fitted to the unit (if not supplied already
    fitted), before attempting to record any shots. The single M3 mount pin is
    fitted with either a knurled nut or an M3 nut (both are supplied). Loosen
    the nut until there is sufficient room to slide the mount assembly inbetween
    the nut/washer and the BC100 unit. Tighten the assembly using
    the knurled nut or micro-spanner provided.

The mount should be firmly attached to the barrel using an elastic band
    or strap. There are two curved pins on the bottom of the mount. Slide an
    elastic band over one of these, rest the barrel in the mount then stretch
    the elastic band and wrap it a few times around the barrel and mount
    together and hook over the other pin.

I have the BC100 as does a mate of mine, they are very well built, alloy construction throughout including the V block. Screen automatically inverts if turned upside down, no faffing about with adjusting to barrel, it will accommodate barrel sizes from 12mm-30mm without adjustment as you are shooting between two panels and it can be calibrated to match another chrono.

My mate and I compared ours against our clubs SKAN PRO1 SERIES 3, both of them consistently read 1 to 3 feet per second bellow the Skan. We calibrated both of them to read 1FPS above the Skan and that's pretty much exactly what they now read.
    Feinwerkbau 800 X - MTC Viper Connect SL 3-12x24
    Experience is the teacher of all things - Julius Caesar

Longbenton North Tyneside. +Dinnington FTC.

Thumbs up Bluecron BC 50 and BC 100.

Just want to add my 2 pence worth regarding the above. Ive been using the BC 100 version for 3 weeks now, and its been faultless, its very easy to use and impossible to shoot the end off !!!!! Plus its small and portable like the Combro. I have now sold the Skan as the Bluecron has made it redundant.
    I have Compared results against a new Skan and a Combro Mk4 and they were all in the same ball park. They have a 12 months warranty and parts are available from the distributor. Only one snag at the moment you can only buy them off Evilbay or Amazon and both sold out.
    I have no hesitation in recomending the Bluecron, if you can locate one.

For anyone looking for a new Bluechron at the moment I asked Bluechron about availability and got this reply:

Hi,

Our display supplier placed all the OLED displays on a 26 week lead time in October so we have had to redesign the PCB’s to use an alternative display as we cannot get any more displays until the end of February. We will have alternative TFT models out around Christmas but probably not before.

Sorry about that.

regards

Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Archer50 View Post
    For anyone looking for a new Bluechron at the moment I asked Bluechron about availability and got this reply:

Hi,

Our display supplier placed all the OLED displays on a 26 week lead time in October so we have had to redesign the PCB’s to use an alternative display as we cannot get any more displays until the end of February. We will have alternative TFT models out around Christmas but probably not before.

Sorry about that.

regards

Sales
    Thanks for the update.

I wonder if this means they'll now have time to release the software they've been promising since last summer?

just got my combro back from them after shooting the end off I put it on a hw99 break barrel and after shutting the barrel it must of moved slightly or I had not tightened the clamp right up anyway sent it mon got it back today fully working and new batterys fitted cost 4 notes inc postage back I am well impressed great service from combro once you have bought one you can safely say its for life and the service is second to none forgot they fitted a new caseing inc

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by boko View Post
    just got my combro back from them after shooting the end off I put it on a hw99 break barrel and after shutting the barrel it must of moved slightly or I had not tightened the clamp right up anyway sent it mon got it back today fully working and new batterys fitted cost 4 notes inc postage back I am well impressed great service from combro once you have bought one you can safely say its for life and the service is second to none forgot they fitted a new caseing inc
    Robin is a great guy too!

1. Buy a newly launched product and expect to be a paying member of their R&D unit.
    2. The Combro is tried and trusted and the level of accuracy is very high.
    3. Back up on an electronic device that has critical calibration requirements so known support is a big plus.
    4. Metal bodied ricochet hazard maybe....
    5 How much to repair a Bluechron V's a Combro

Don't get me wrong, I think progress is GOOD and I have been banging on at Robin to upgrade the Combro for years now BUT...it is an excellent product with equally good CS.

Bluecron do have a lot to prove and I cant see OLED screens being cheap and metal cases if shot become scrap.......

Looks nice tho.....

I
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Robin is a great guy too!
    Robin G Hewitt aka Bright Townie
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee