Thread: FWB LP80 Barrel weights

FWB LP80 Barrel weights

I am acquiring an LP80 that has at some point become separated from its barrel weights. I don't even know if I really want/need them, but they would be nice to have.

I have contacted Centra and CAW Solihull. Any other thoughts on where I might get some? Anyone have some they don't need?

Mods - I think it's OK to put want ads in this sub-forum. If not, please delete and tell me off appropriately (sorry).

Very hard to get hold of now, rare to even see them with a pistol, the one listed on here is the fiirst complete one I've seen for quite a while, not all the pistols were sold complete with these, I had a new old stock one a couple of years back in a polystyrene box there was no weights or space for them, the ones that came in the nice hard case were normally sold with weights as a full kit, you could try wonky Donky on here other than that city air weapons in Solihull has stock of older FWB spares but in all honesty there a bit like hens teeth now. With regards to actually needing them the 80 is already a very nicely balanced pistol and shoots superbly without them, not many fitted them when they were available which may explain why so few can be found now.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    I am acquiring an LP80 that has at some point become separated from its barrel weights. I don't even know if I really want/need them, but they would be nice to have.

I have contacted Centra and CAW Solihull. Any other thoughts on where I might get some? Anyone have some they don't need?

Mods - I think it's OK to put want ads in this sub-forum. If not, please delete and tell me off appropriately (sorry).
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

The link below also indicates not many folk used the weights:

http://bobsairguns.com/index.php?opt...lery&Itemid=73

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies, and to the other forum member who kindly PM'd me with advice.

Aimstraight: yes, and I know I probably have no practical need for them, and I think they are really ugly.

But I have a slightly OCD thing about stuff like this. I should own them, to make it complete, even if I don't actually like them and would not use them. Just like when I bought an Umarex CP99 as a plinker I had to buy the bridge mount for an optic (and I hate optics on pistols) and have nearly bought the CP99=specific laser a couple of times (I hate lasers too)!

You have the collecting bug! I understand the desire for the weights, they were well thought out and look purposeful on the pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post

You have a PM