Thread: Target pistol dilemna

Target pistol dilemna

At present I shoot a Morini CM 162 EI Short when I play at pistol shooting in my garage but I can no longer shoot a pistol one handed as I can't hold on target long enough due to shoulder problems.
    I have other non-target pistols (CP88, Beeman etc) that I can play with two handed but I would like a decent pcp target pistol probably with a sporting grip that I can shoot two handed. My first thought was maybe an FN8 but if there's something more target orientated I would be grateful for any ideas.
    Many thanks in anticipation.....Eric.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    It might be worth contacting Rink grips to see if they could make a 2 handed grip for your Morini especially if you enjoy shooting it;

http://www.formgriffe.de/en/

Alternatively, you could consider supported pistol shooting as per the German style; have a look in this thread;

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....istol+shooting

Hope this helps.

ATB
    Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

The Tau 7 jr is very lightweight (about 750 gr) and is also available with ambi grip for 2 handed use
    ATB,
    yana

I have got a brocock PCP pistol and although it is fun the trigger is nowhere as good as a good target pistol. Try it get a second hand grip for your morini and then hack it around until it works as a two handed grip as you will be disappointed otherwise.
    Failing that the CP1 pistol grip is not too bad and with a little very easy work the trigger can be made ok. You can get them from Poland for about £70 shipped
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

harvey_s is online now Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Have you seen the nice maple grip in this post... http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....76#post6670376
    Dunno who made it - but does show what can at least be done with a pure target gun.

I found the Air Arms Alfa Proj to be a great introduction to 10m air pistol, and that comes as standard with an ambidextrous grip.

If you're interested, I'm currently selling one: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....istol-for-sale

Many thanks for all your ideas, it's given me food for thought and maybe some grip hacking is worth considering.
    Eric.

polish grip

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    I have got a brocock PCP pistol and although it is fun the trigger is nowhere as good as a good target pistol. Try it get a second hand grip for your morini and then hack it around until it works as a two handed grip as you will be disappointed otherwise.
    Failing that the CP1 pistol grip is not too bad and with a little very easy work the trigger can be made ok. You can get them from Poland for about £70 shipped
    Can you give me a contact for the Walther CP1 grip source?

Paul

Or alternately the LOV 21. OK its made of plastic, but it is light with a good trigger, especially considering the price. Check out the other post in this section.

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Pheyden View Post
    Can you give me a contact for the Walther CP1 grip source?

Paul
    I think you may have misunderstood my post I was referring to the Kandar CP1 which is a co2 pistol similar to the airforce pistol and the grip on it is no too bad. Unfortunately I don't know anywhere where you can buy a grip for the walther CP1
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    Eric,I would initially take the palm shelf off your Morini grip,and then shoot 2 handed to get a feel of what grip alterations are needed,mark the points on the grip that need removing and get to work with a Dremel,a lot of people feel intimidated by doing this,but remember that you can always replace any errors with plastic wood,similarly note the points that need building up and infill with plastic wood,I recommend Ronseal high performance wood filler,hope that helps,if you weren't so far away I'd be happy to help you with it,hopefully someone on here that's nearer to you will volunteer

Neale
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

I've decided not to hack the Morini about, it's far too nice for that.
    I must admit that I fancy a try of the Lov 21 after reading the praise for it and the supplier is only 45 minutes down the road from me...have to check what's in the old purse!
    Eric.

Hi Eric,

We hope to include a supported pistol class in the next MPL postal league and the NSRA is going to introduce a 10 metre competition soon as well.

You would not need to make any changes to your Morini to take part in this and it would give you a good competition to take part in and solve your single handed grip problem too.

Mike has given you a link to the BBS thread I started on the subject and since then we have had a lot of interest and "support" for it.
    Last edited by zooma; 02-05-2015 at 04:23 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.