Thread: BSA Airsporter RB2 .22 valuation

BSA Airsporter RB2 .22 valuation

Hi everyone,

A relative of mine recently inherited this rifle and wanted to know how much it is worth. I've done some research myself (including the many posts on this forum) but found the valuation ranged from about £100 to £300 and that this depended on the number on the barrel and obviously condition, etc.

Here are a few photos:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Uk&usp=sharing

The number is WR4259; I think this means it was made in the 1990s.

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm considering buying it from him after having lots of fun using a friend's air rifle. Thanks!

Oli

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Hi Oli, that's a nice looking rifle and in nice condition.
    The rifle appears to be a 'carbine' (shorter length barrel) version of the Mk7 RB.
    As you know, prices vary dependent upon a lot of factors but essentially, something is worth what one person is willing to pay and another is willing to accept.
    I would say your Airsporter was worth between £200 - 300 in that condition.
    I am not an 'expert', nor a 'valuer', I look at these things in the way of what I would be happy to pay for something, in this case, providing the rifle cocks and shoots okay, I would pay around £200 - 250. (not that I am looking to buy!)
    No doubt there will be people along to say differently!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Thanks for your help. I'll let him know and look into selling it if there's any interest on here.

Oli