Thread: BSA Airsporter Mk2 valuation.

BSA Airsporter Mk2 valuation.

I am looking for a valuation for my Mk2 Airsporter from the serial number, 1965-67. The stock is the 3 piece type, and retains all the original finish, with a couple of small usage marks. There is a small superficial ? crack near the back block on one side, but equally could be a defect in timber as it is short and and a bit spidery with no spreading to the internal face. The action retains all the original finish which is very good, bar a couple of very small marks on one side. The etching is all there as is the foresight hood, rear sight has one of the small screws missing (blade there). Shoots with characteristic twang, and smoke. I wouldn't be surprised if this has never been stripped as the screws are clean, and the last owner had it boxed up for 30years. Tried to be accurate, any suggestions welcome.

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    The Mk2 is a popular choice among Airsporter fans, some believing it is the best of the Airsporters. (I don't - I believe the Mk1 is)
    Prices can vary for all the usual reasons.
    A trader or dealer price is usually the top value.
    A private sale will usually be less, depending upon how much the seller is prepared to (or needs to) accept.
    Condition is all important with those with the Airsporter marking etched into the air cylinder and low use, fetching the best prices.
    I have seen Mk2s advertised for as cheaply as £50 or for as much as £300+.
    Anything approaching 'mint' condition -
    Trader/Dealer - £300+.
    Private seller - £200 - £250?
    I am not an 'expert', I just love these old Airsporters.
    Good luck with your valuation/sale.
    No doubt others will be along to add to this, as well as those that claim to have sold their mint example for £60.

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

A cracked stock does tend to devalue the rifle. Replacement stocks rarely become available.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

I put one up for sale on here in very good condition, with an undamaged stock a week or so back, for the massive figure of £165 and had no takers

hope this helps

gun

your inbox is full,,,,im interested in gun,,,give me a pm,,