Thread: Dating a webley mark 3

Dating a webley mark 3

A friend of my dads has an old mark 3 with the serial no 24195 . I have done a bit of searching but from what I gather the records have been lost so I was just wondering if anyone on here had any ideas about the age or could point me in the right direction .
    Thanks
    Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by dyer View Post
    A friend of my dads has an old mark 3 with the serial no 24195 . I have done a bit of searching but from what I gather the records have been lost so I was just wondering if anyone on here had any ideas about the age or could point me in the right direction .
    Thanks
    Duncan

Hi Duncan,

The Chris Thrale Webley Air Rifle 'Bible' identifies Webley Mk3 Ser No 24195 as a late Series 3 dating it to 1956-1957 . The Ser Nos for this series start as low as 6079 and go to at least as high as 24297

Hope this helps.

Regards

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 25-04-2015 at 08:47 PM.

Thanks Brian that is very interesting ,I will pass on the information.
    Duncan

As Brian has said already so a Series 3 and should have the matching Serial No impressed into the stock under the trigger block.
    Nice buy. Pictures please!

Cheers for the information .
    Sorry cant do pictures as I haven,t got the gun ,although I did see it at the weekend and had a few shots with it. It had the spring replaced a few years ago and to be honest it was hard to cock and very twangy to shoot .
    My dad is trying to buy it from ( he doesnt hold out much hope of the owner parting with it ) his mate who owns it . If he does manage to get it he will restore it so I will be back with plenty of questions on his behalf !
    Duncan