Thread: Air ArmsTX200SR from Melbourne fayre

Air ArmsTX200SR from Melbourne fayre

One of the Leics & District members (Stan) who came to the Melbourne fayre was fortunate enough to find an excellent example of a rifle he had wanted for a long time, - the AA TX200 SR in .22 calibre

It was one of the first rifles he spotted as he came through the door and it really was a bargain

His first job was to strip and re-lube the rifle and then he tested it off the bench on the clubs 50 yd air rifle range

The club is running a 50 yd benchrest competition this summer starting 1/May and it runs until end of September. One card is shot each months for 5 months (25 shots/card using UKBR22 50yd/m targets) There are 7 members shooting this comp. which takes place once a month on a Wednesday afternoon

The rules of the competition state that the rifles used must be spring powered, so this will be a good opportunity just to see how accurate these SR rifles are

initial testing at 50 yds off the bench is very promising, particularly for a .22. Several makes of pellets will give 1.5" groups ETE (10 shots) which is pretty close to some of the better 10 shot groups shot using .177 examples of TX's/Prosports/HW77's etc.

No wonder these rifles are sought after

john
    hold me back !!

I had a left hand drive one in .177.
    Possibly the most accurate springer I have owned.
    But in the end the comedy loading got to me and it went to a TX collector on here.
    Maybe a mistake!

Stan's SR is not only accurate but is very nice to shoot and seems not to be too pellet fussy. I know what you mean by the comedy loading as I have a TX.

I suppose by the end of the season and after 125 scoring shots, we will know just how good this SR is, but last Wednesday old Stan had a smile on his face at the end of the day and a couple of impressive targets in his hand.

Roll on the next Melbourne fayre, there may even be a .177 one for sale - some hope .
    hold me back !!

Had one myself, undoubtably the best of the TX series to my mind. Mine was in .22 and went to my good friend John Parry and is tresured has it should be