Thread: Sheridan Pump Ups

Sheridan Pump Ups

Ok I one of these in my gun room, its from the early 80 when Sheridan was still independent. Fitted with the correct Williams peep sight and doing 11.3 ft/lbs with H&N pellets, nice bit of American Walnut( Missouri) and lovley silver plating. So how many of you like them/ use them/ own them

me got one and sure a peep sight came with it?

Quote Originally Posted by beano View Post
    me got one and sure a peep sight came with it?
    very nice

I have an early Blue Streak bought from a dealer friend of mine many years ago at a knock-down price. I think he wanted it off his books since it was FAC rated and consequently it had to be put on my certificate.

In terms of use however, it requires a lot of physical effort - 10 pumps or so - for each shot so it doesn't get a lot of use but it is an interesting novelty added to the collection. It also has open sights and, from what I can remember without retrieving it from the cupboard, it does not have any means of attaching a 'scope.

Quote Originally Posted by AC99 View Post
    I have an early Blue Streak bought from a dealer friend of mine many years ago at a knock-down price. I think he wanted it off his books since it was FAC rated and consequently it had to be put on my certificate.

In terms of use however, it requires a lot of physical effort - 10 pumps or so - for each shot so it doesn't get a lot of use but it is an interesting novelty added to the collection. It also has open sights and, from what I can remember without retrieving it from the cupboard, it does not have any means of attaching a 'scope.
    no you had to fit blocks to mount a scope, mine dose fine with a Williams peep sight.

Thumbs up

Make sure you get the correct Pro Blox for the scope as the barrel is soldered to the cylinder and the Crosman ones lift the barrel!!

Here's my Silver Streak and Crosman C9a

Piccie

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Make sure you get the correct Pro Blox for the scope as the barrel is soldered to the cylinder and the Crosman ones lift the barrel!!

Here's my Silver Streak and Crosman C9a

Piccie

John
    exactly John, nice examples buy the way.

I've always wanted one after reading an article in one of the airgun mags many years ago, about an american rancher who carried his sheridan about with him on his horse for cotching bull frogs and similar critters and then proceded to win an all america airgun shooting shooting championship !
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I think it is really pretty, but I would get it converted to CO2 or HPA and enjoy using it rather than getting bovvered clanking the pump.

I have multiples of every one of the Sheridan pneumatic models with the exception of the C9PB - the commemerative, polished brass one with
    the badged stock.
    Still wanting one of these!

Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Sheriden

If you guys know of a Blue or silver streak for sale let me no please .
    many t6hanks Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I think it is really pretty, but I would get it converted to CO2 or HPA and enjoy using it rather than getting bovvered clanking the pump.
    I have read this thread with intrest !
    However may seem misinformed about the " Thumber " Sheridans , They were sold Legally in the UK with the hammer spring cut down to make them 2 shot , ( Every man & His dog knows this )

I have sold all my Thumber Sheridans but have a couple of actions & A Thumbhole stock & Pump arm for one .
    This is the rear part of the stock on my Pre-Charged .

I made this Pre-Charged Sheridan a number of years ago, I was given an action with a damaged inlet valve,
    This being US I cut off the pump tube & Machined up a new solid brass aircylinder, This was threaded into the rifle
    compression cylinder direct, ( The cylinder & the compression tube only are under pressure )
    This was tested to 3000 Psi with water , & Uses 2000Psi .

A couple of Pics -
    ~

These were then screwed together & soldered ( Only for a smooth finish )

How does it shoot ?
    The only problem was the exhaust valve , I made one up much harder , The original could not hold the higher pressure !
    25-30 shots with a much reduced Hammer !
    It also has a .22 Barrel & Breech off a Setra

I am looking for Pics of the actions & Spares & My last Sheridan silencer adapter , If any intrest I will post.

Found !

Sheridan silencer adapter

& Some actions & Spares

Ged.
    Last edited by gedfinn 2; 29-04-2015 at 04:53 PM.