Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
My HW80 has a barrel chopped down to 10" (from the muzzle) and is still as accurate as anything else comparable that I own. I believe that the "choke" on HW's with open sights is just a result of crimping in the fore sight grooves, hardly scientific! The first time I heard of choked barrels as a selling feature was on Theobens where the add said it would be less pellet fussy, another new term on me at the time!!. When I eventually bought one I soon learned what pellet fussy meant!! The only pellets it shot well were superdomes. My previous BSA's and HW's seemed much more tolerant.
barrels are not accidently choked when the foresight is crimped! what sort of heath robinson affair would that be.they are choked in house,this has been
confirmed by hans from weirauch.barrel blanks from weihrauch may not be choked but those on guns leaving the factory are.
if your "theory" of barrels getting choked when the foresight is crimped, how would you explain choking in a gun that is supplied without sights?