Thread: What is available to steady my pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by davethepitch View Post
    I have been looking for something I can use to steady my Webley Alecto pistol whilst shooting but I am not sure what is available and suitable.

Dave
    I think it would help you to watch the videos on precision shooting on youtube by a guy with the user name "Gunblue490". He explains A lot about learning what good shooting is all about. Hes a great source of info for the inexperienced beginner. I would recommend watching over and over to let things sink in. You'll find he mentions this fallacy about holding perfectly still. Its not possible. If you can keep your eyes on the sight alignment and NOT on the target, the movement of the arm isn't as much of a problem as you think. Please watch the videos from segment one (precision pistol and rifle marksmanship) through to the rest. Hope you get some help from my suggestion. ATB. Pete.
    Last edited by peteswright; 27-04-2015 at 05:53 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

When I first began with rimfire pistols I was advised to bring the sights to the horizontal level (left or right of the target - whichever is most comfortable) then slower let the pistol "drift" to the target. When that front sight is on target, pause and then fire. The pistol is still only for a short time.

Sounds a bit Zen I know but it works - with practice.