Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help to choose the right HW100 version

Need help to choose the right HW100 version

Hello,
    I intend to buy Weihrauch HW100 cal. 5,5mm but I feel confused which version to choose. My main concern is accuracy. I shoot paper targets on 50 meters distance and I need the HW100 for best accuracy results. Please, advise me whether to choose the normal 600mm barrel or the 560mm F.S.B. or another (karbine?) version HW 100 rifle to achieve the best accuracy results on paper target at 50 meters.
    Thank you!

I'd go for the full length version in the sporter stock myself, more shots, and the thumbhole karbine looks like a cross between a cricket bat, and a canoe paddle..!

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Full length sporter would be my choice but try them yourself, you shouldn’t have too much trouble getting to shoot a HW100 before you buy.
    Don’t confuse luck with ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
    I'd go for the full length version in the sporter stock myself,
    I have very few days do deside what to choose and the decision is not as easy... I was given the HW100 F.S.B. version for few days from a guy who wants to sell it and it shoots quite well on 50 meters on paper targets. And I do not have at hand the regular barrel rifle to compare with. However I still have the understanding that the regular and longer by 4 cm barrel should be more accurate but who knows? The second hand F.S.B. version that I try is not that cheap to help me solve the task too...

The gents above have got the right answer I think, full length sporter.

The single shot clip might be a nice addition for you.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

You'll get the same accuracy out of all of them. It's up to you really on the stock, length, and barrel shroud (or not). My choice would be the HW100S (full length, sporter stock), it shoulders better for me, and easier to use in the field when hunting.

The FSB model still needs a silencer as the shroud doesn't completely eradicate the muzzle noise. The non-shrouded barrel models (both full length and carbine) come with Weihrauch's fantastic silencer as standard which only really leaves the sound of the hammer when you pull the trigger.
    Ex-Airgunner

Hi,
    if it's purely for targets, look out for a full length he101. It's single shot, straight into the breach. I personally don't mind the thumbhole stocks although the comb (cheek piece) are far too low on all of them.
    si
    The OAKS
    SIHFT WINNERS 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

Ive just bought a new KS in .177. Originally wanted the spotter rifle purely on looks if I'm being honest but the carbine lends itself to the pest control role it will be used for so that was the decider for me.
    Good luck

hw100

i have had all four of the hw100s the hw100kt .22 is the only one i kept sold the others if you are out shooting all day with the full size version you need to take a set of wheels with you to give your arms a rest i hunt so the hw100kt .22 is perfect but if you are only shooting paper get the .177 has they say the choose is yours hope this helps

another vote for the kt light and fast handling,not the prettiest stock as said above but handles lovely and does the job its made for lethally.

Quote Originally Posted by si7777777 View Post
    Hi,
    if it's purely for targets, look out for a full length he101.
    Unfortunately, if the mentioned model is by Weihrauch, I could not see it in their model list...
    As to regular barrel vs FSB version - thanks for all opinions. So far including Wiehrauch dealers to the above postings I can count 50% for regular and 50% for FSB and regular have same accuracy. I dont really know which one is based on personal experience or all are theoretical conclusions.
    As to my little experience with FSB - it shoots noticeably better without silencer but still little noisy. I guess regular barrel is a must to shoot with silencer and its accuracy might be worsened by the silencer as I mentioned this effect on the FSB.
    Any personal impressions from the accuracy comparison of regular vs FSB though?

My first 100 was full length ,then changed it for KT version , imo the full length is more stable to shoot ,but I just love the KT or KS

Sorry! HW101. it's the single shot version.
    si
    The OAKS

Quote Originally Posted by si7777777 View Post
    I personally don't mind the thumbhole stocks although the comb (cheek piece) are far too low on all of them.
    This is a very valid point, it is the only issue I have with my HW100 and the reason I shoot more accurately with other guns with a higher comb. Though probably OK with a smaller scope sitting slightly lower.
    Last edited by blooregard; 24-04-2015 at 09:47 AM.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

I had a 40 mm objective scope almost touching the barrel and still found my jaw resting on the comb. lots of people available to make it adjustable. Be wary that the 101 is hollow!
    The OAKS