Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
How good would you say the glass is at last light Ian, compared to say a meopta 7x50?
Image is quite bright at lower magnifications (goes somewhat grey at top end) but using FFP, the reticle is invisible unless you get the illuminated version - which I have.

Illumination is excellent, lowest settings are barely visible and do not flare or distract from image.

The tracking seems to be accurate on my unit - was out yesterday with the '06 and delighted to be hitting an 8" plate out to 940m. That is 1028 of your English yards - very satisfying with a stalking weight rifle.

Consistent hits at obtained at shorter ranges - and more than a few misses as we got further out of course. As always, windage is the killer once ranges exceeded 600m or so.

Few things I have noted with my PST.

If you anticipate dual stalking/range usage - go for the 4-16x. More than adequate for all eventualities and somewhat lighter/shorter.

Elevation is anti-clockwise, unlike many scopes on the market - although clearly marked, occasionally habit took over and I found myself dialling in the wrong direction.

The zero-stop works on shims. Do not put in so many that you cannot drop the zero a few cms.....as I did. Had to find an allen key and strip the turret to allow a zero that was 8cm lower due to pressure/altitude differential.

Secondly, when at max elevation, magnification zoom is very stiff/does not want to vary. Thought I had a problem. Solution, wind turret back down, centralise target and adjust mag to desired level THEN wind back up to max elevation on the turret. Only an issue after three turns of the 5mrad turret!

Minimal windage adjustment available at extreme range - not an issue with the EBR reticle as allows easy hold-off on the reticle. Probably better technique for dealing with inconsistent windage any-how.

Nice scope, very tactile clicks, good tracking - great value for money. Would buy again.

Rgds

Mod