Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VORTEX VIPER PST 6-24x EBR FFP mil/mil

Hello,
    I read that the Vortex guaranty is 'unconditional' and applies even if you did not have a receipt of purchase ... I wonder if that is correct indeed?
    Regards
    mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikreez View Post
    Hello,
    I read that the Vortex guaranty is 'unconditional' and applies even if you did not have a receipt of purchase ... I wonder if that is correct indeed?
    Regards
    mike
    Hi Mike,
    I can confirm that their VIP warranty is as described.
    I had a problem with one of their scopes last year, and it was replaced with no questions asked. I did not have to produce receipts etc, just sent it to their U.K. agent and two weeks later recieved a new scope.
    The glass on their scopes isn’t quite as good as some of my other scopes, Schmidt, Nightforce, Kahles etc. but the Vortex warranty is very reassuring when buying a scope.
    I’ve since bought other Vortex products, some second hand, and they’ve even sent out bits I’ve lost like caps and covers at no charge.
    That kind of service takes a bit of beating!

Thanks for your response and the first-hand information. I just bought a Vortex scope and hope they will keep the good service on just in case. Most of all though I hope not to have to use the service ...

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    Quote Originally Posted by laity View Post
    Amazing. Glass is really good , by far the best I have ever seen from a Hawke scope for sure. Ret works a treat , All in all , Spot on buddy .

LAity
    Checked out both the 2-10x32 and 3-15x44 pst gen 2 both ffp at the shooting show and found a problem that was't obvious at first where I felt they both fell short in performance.
    ( I was looking for an upgrade for a Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 )
    When looking at aim points at 10 and 45yds (as range found by vortex stall people at the time) the 32 objective model was good from 10 to mid range then was not so good on to 45 yds.
    The 44 size objective lens scope was good from mid range to better at 45 yds but not impressive at close range ie 15mm kills.
    So 2-10x32 not so good at mid to long range.
    3-15x44 not so good at mid to short.
    The scopes were set at 25yds parrallex and scopes were changed later in case they had a problem.
    Compared to the Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 with a modded sun shade the performance of vortex fell short of Bushnell, and even though I wanted one, no deal!
    HERX77 .
    Last edited by Herx77; 21-03-2019 at 08:01 PM.
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.