Thread: Sig P226 Problem.

Sig P226 Problem.

Hi all
    Looking for some help with my Sig P226 xfive. Not the usual magazine spring issue but it is a spring. Gun started firing BBs out of the ejection port today, checked there was nothing blocking it, field stripped it and all looked okay. Same thing happened again though and just a quiet pop from the pistol when the trigger was pulled.
    Took it apart again and noticed under the rear sight that a spring in there ( is it the cylinder) was twisted and another spring was coming out from under it. Took all that apart and the plastic looks a bit chewed and the two springs are bent/ stretched. Anyone on here do repairs for these or can suggest someone.
    Thanks
    Alasdair

Just off to find all the BBs that flew out the slide

hi you have lost me refering to a spring under the rear sight the recoil sprng is at the front of the pistol but it seems the fault is the bb is not pushing in to the barrel when the slide is cyceling the spring at back must be for the hammer is the bb going into the barrel when you move the action by hand if not there is a small feeder that slides the bb out of the mag into the ballel it may be broken or miss aliged with out seeing the gun this is the best help i can give you

Quote Originally Posted by ranger02 View Post
    hi you have lost me refering to a spring under the rear sight the recoil sprng is at the front of the pistol but it seems the fault is the bb is not pushing in to the barrel when the slide is cyceling the spring at back must be for the hammer is the bb going into the barrel when you move the action by hand if not there is a small feeder that slides the bb out of the mag into the ballel it may be broken or miss aliged with out seeing the gun this is the best help i can give you
    I think he means the return spring that closes the cylinder as the action cycles.

Feeding BBs is handled by the front of the cylinder so if this is not in the right place it could be responsible for the BB ejection. I'll try and have a look at mine today.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

I'd offer to take a look at it, but i suspect that RM would seize the package as it gets transferred across the border
    Ex-Airgunner

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    I think he means the return spring that closes the cylinder as the action cycles.
    Thanks for the help folks.
    Think this is the issue as the wider spring inside the cylinder was twisted as it could be seen through the square aperture on top of the cylinder. The other spring must be the return spring to pull the cylinder back which had come free but no idea where it goes. Found the schematics online but really cannot make any sense of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckbay View Post
    Thanks for the help folks.
    Think this is the issue as the wider spring inside the cylinder was twisted as it could be seen through the square aperture on top of the cylinder. The other spring must be the return spring to pull the cylinder back which had come free but no idea where it goes. Found the schematics online but really cannot make any sense of it.
    OK,

stripped down my SIG which is an original model that is about 5 years old, hopefully not too much has changed.

> Have a look at this pic <

I've removed the blowback cylinder from the slide. There is only a single spring in my gun which I have put the red box around, when installed the spring mates up with the surface in the slide indicated by the red line. This is under tension when the slide cycles and the piston moves back in the cylinder, once the spring pressure overcomes the effect of the residual chamber pressure it resets the cylinder back to its original position. The slide then moves forward to colect the next BB.

The other spring is inside the cylinder (not much point in try to photgraph this as I cannot remove it!), and this sits in the transfer port (the tube between cylinder and breach) and keeps the plastic "probe\plunger thingy" (that sits inside the transer port and extends into the blowback cylinder) pushed back slightly to stop it selaing the cylinder. I think that the role this plays is that it sits open and pushes against a BB in the breach. When the gun is fired the probe will try to move forward but the BB keeps it in place long enough for some gas to be released to fire the shot. Once the BB is gone the probe moves forward and seals the blowback cylinder to cycle the action.

So, there are 2 springs, the really thin one used to return the cylinder to its original position, and the one inside the cylinder that controls the gas flow until the BB is shot. The one inside the cylinder should not be visible unless you look down the transfer port.

Hope this helps, at least with locating where the 2 springs should be located.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

the main issue with this type of pistol is while being fun they wear out i have had a few of them my present one has been striped and improvements to the problem areas. so far its ok but if you need replacement parts they are hard to come by and buying a non working one for spares is pointless as its likely to have the same faults

Okay again thanks to all especially Blooregard for thepic. Sig all back together and just fired off some bbs. First one out the slide but the rest were fine. Reloaded the mag and out of 12 just 2 came out the slide so seems like very fine tolerance somewhere. Will look at the guide to the barrel as the carrier might be the issue with wear.
    Cheers
    Alasdair.

Just a quick update on this as it may be of use to somebody in the future. When I put the Sig back together it was still popping a BB out the ejection slide about once every ten shots. Everything was working as it should and the guide seemed fine. Then I noticed there was a tiny gap between the plate holding the cylinder on so tightened the screws again and found when I thought it was tight there was still about a half turn to bed it down fully. With the blowback it had been moving the cylinder slightly and misaligning the guide.
    So thanks to all for the help once again.
    Cheers.