Hi guys ,
I recently posted a thread on a different section of the forum explaining how a farmer had watched me check my zero at 50 meters . He asked how far I could shoot accurately and I said beyond 50 meters I had no idea so he marched the target out and put it down . I pinged the target at 81 yards . I fully expected to get pelets eventually getting there 6" apart but I was really surprised at the results ( see pic ) . I guessed the holdover for my first shot and readjusted from that shot to shoot the remaining 4 from a group of 5 . My target was a 1" sticker on which I had drawn a 6mm POA . I was amazed at the group for a first attempt . Over the weekend I decided to look further into it and put a target out at a pinged 100 yards . Results were much different results considering there was just 20 yards difference from my earlier try . Firstly the holdover was much greater so I was forced to guess it . I estimated I was 6 mildot over but the windage was very similar to the original 80 yard hold off . I did manage to hit a identical 1" sticker with 2 shots from a string of 10 and others were close but it really was more luck than managment without zeroing again to a much longer range . Pellet penetration still saw all of my shots penetrate MDF completely so their skirt was flush with the surface of the wood . This has to be a lesson to those who send shots into the unknown while shooting outdoors with a " it's only a airgun" mindset because those pellets retain enough energy at 100+ yards to easily damage people and property . I am looking forward to having a try at the 75 yard shotgun shell challenge in the near future . I hunt every day with my rifle but as a rule I find target shooting quite boring but a necessary part of my hunting . I usually do a hour a day practicing but usually most of that is unsupported standing because it is my weakest shooting position . The long range shooting is a fun break for me and I will definitely be experimenting more in the near future . Thanks for your time . Atb Ricky
http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...EBA5EB085D.jpg