Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walther Century T.P

Walther Century T.P

Had another Century in bits today the spring in this one was also cropped & left rough.This time it was fitted with the bad end on the spring guide,its had a few shots & was already scraping the steel washer leaving fine particles of metal on the spring grease.
    Quality every where else was very good.The barrel fit is superb & has shims recessed in the breach block very nice.

Century spring -31 coils
    Wire gauge -3.34mm 0.132"
    Piston + seal -320g

And the T.P 3.2mm ,25mm long.

Hi,

These have 30mm pistons? Could you tell me the piston weight and the stroke?

Thanks!

Piston weight with seal fitted 320g, i think stroke is 88mm but don't hold me to it just yet.I will check when i can.
    Yes the piston is 30mm.
    Last edited by landymick; 12-10-2014 at 06:58 PM. Reason: add info

Excellent information, thanks Mick.

So, strip, degrease, sort those spring ends out, sensible re-lube and job done?

What would be your verdict on overall build quality / component strength?

What's the cocking lever and shoe arrangement like?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Yes Tony,just strip degrease etc get the spring sorted & away you go.I need to run this one in & check out put,it feels a bit lively;smooth but lively if you know what i mean.
    Then I'm hoping to try the LGV spring with sleeve & see if the HW piston seal makes a difference.
    As standard the build quality is very good,it is made to last no sharp edges to fettle on these just the spring to sort first.The guide & top hat is not as good a fit as the Ultra & would benefit from a tighter tolerance.There is plenty of room for a piston sleeve which this one will get.80 sleeves fit fine in these.
    There is no cocking shoe as such,the cocking link is smooth & solid as is the barrel lock.The seated shims on the breach are handy making barrel fitment easy to do.
    I still think it should be sold with out a scope to make it cheaper though.A good well made addition to the Walther range.

Sounds excellent, Mick, thank you.

Take your point on the scope....I think it's an excellent value "bundle". That specification scope will be fine for many people and, as a ready-to-go package sounds excellent.

Experienced shooters may well prefer a different specification / higher quality scope and, indeed, many seem to have a spare scope knocking about.

The gun sounds a good 'un!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

30mm new nose for the LGV piston, instant drop of around 50g maybe more....

thats the mod I would be doing to the cetury....plus the piston would now rotate.

The bundle is fine for any shooter but to get the price away from the LGV Master or the Ultra it needs to be a bit cheaper.The bit extra for the LGV is worth paying for the no need to mess, out of box shooting experience.
    I expect new shooters with limited knowledge get steered towards the likes of Gamo & Hatsan with price in mind rather than the way it shoots not that these are bad but its nice to start with good dependable kit.

Hi,

Does the piston of the century definitely have a delrin bearing at the back?

Cheers
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Hi,

Does the piston of the century definitely have a delrin bearing at the back?

Cheers
    aye it does

Thanks for confirming. This doesn't seem to get a mention on any of the websites that are selling it which was starting to make me think it wasn't. I wonder why so secret squirrel with a good selling point?
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    30mm new nose for the LGV piston, instant drop of around 50g maybe more....

thats the mod I would be doing to the cetury....plus the piston would now rotate.
    Now, I just knew you'd be in there with that!

Nice one, Tone. Piston weight reduction and then makes use of the LGV spring and guides even more of a doddle.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Now, I just knew you'd be in there with that!

Nice one, Tone. Piston weight reduction and then makes use of the LGV spring and guides even more of a doddle.
    it already uses the lgv spring and guides Tony, albeit a bit butchered it seems.

Im just thinking machine the nose off an LGV piston to expose the rod, thread it, screw on a new nose to take the 30mm seal, add a larger bearing behind it, and drop it straight in, instant weight loss, maybe a tad off the stroke (I would need to measure it all up) and the piston would rotate

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post

Im just thinking machine the nose off an LGV piston to expose the rod, thread it, screw on a new nose to take the 30mm seal, add a larger bearing behind it, and drop it straight in, instant weight loss, maybe a tad off the stroke (I would need to measure it all up) and the piston would rotate

That'd work Tony

http://s1138.photobucket.com/user/mi...l?sort=3&o=105

You could screw a 30mm adaptor on and just fit an oversize front bearing behind it --- the adaptor would de stroke it as well by how ever much you wanted to.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    That'd work Tony

http://s1138.photobucket.com/user/mi...l?sort=3&o=105

You could screw a 30mm adaptor on and just fit an oversize front bearing behind it --- the adaptor would de stroke it as well by how ever much you wanted to.

All the best Mick
    Yep...if Umarex had not altered the design of the piston it would have been seriously easy to do...now around 6mm will have to come off the nose so a decent amount of thread can be cut down the rod...not hard to do thankfully.

I would personally drop the stroke down to 80mm (easy to add a bit back on to fine tune ) with a 235g piston I think we could have an LGV beater for a lot less money LOL