My current setup has been put together with hunting in mind and when used for that purpose it never misses a beat regarding accuracy and pellet placement . Personally speaking I can't think what any other rifle would do better than my present one . This setup consists of a AA S410 rifle in .177 with a MTC Viper 3-12 x 44 scope . My barrel prefers JSB Exact diabolo @ 4.50 & 8.44 gr . I put 500 and sometimes up to 1000 pellets through it weekly and know it like the back of my hand in ranges from 50 meters back in to 10 meters . I am a newcomer to longer ranges and I am interested to see what equipment is used by shooters who have more experience . My viper scope has been a excellent all round hunting scope . It keeps zero really well while taking the usual knocks etc that come with hunting daily . When it comes to long range target shooting I wouldn't think it's turrets are upto the task of constantly dialling in and out to different ranges . If this is the case could anyone suggest a scope in my price range ( £150 - £200 ) that has dedicated target turrets . Secondhand wouldn't be a issue and I realise I might not get a scope like that for the money I paid for my MTC . My other question is about pellet choice . Using the pellets I have mentioned above I fully expect to hit a 6mm - 10mm with the majority of a 10 shot string and definitely put them all in a 1" target at every range from 50 back in to 10 meters . For longer ranges do heavier pellets group better or worse than my usual 8.44 gr ones ? . I have never tried any of the heavier pellets through this rifle up to now and my current pellets grouped well in my one and only try at 80 yards see pic . Any advice would be of interest to me . Thanks for reading . Atb Ricky