Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walther terrus (carbine)

Walther terrus (carbine)

Well after putting two tins of pellets through the Walther terrus , Iv got to say it's the best springer Iv owned so far , the trigger is brilliant when you've reduced the huge first stage , and the accuracy is unbelievable , the other day I screwed a silencer on and was surprised at how much of a difference it made , having no twang or loud noises from the piston etc , the loudest thing was the pellet hitting the spinner , it gave me an idea to shorten the gun a little , so this afternoon Iv shortened and re crowned the barrel , so when I fit the new adaptor and silencer its fit snug in a bag , the gun if anything feels slightly better to hold , accuracy test will be tmorow (hopefully)

So I gues the point is if anyone was thinking of a terrus i highly recommend them and I don't think you'll be disappointed !

shauny is offline Has a taste for the French fancys
    did you check to see if it was chocked before you shortened it?

Just hope that you haven't lost any of that 'unbelievable accuracy'.....

I hope not ! , last one I did with the help from lads on here went really well and it improved the accuracy , if this one stayed the same then il be happy , and I certanly did check if it was choked , I did the tried and tested cleaning rod and pellet test (multiple times ) lol

I will update on the accuracy test hopefully good results , I wish I new how to add a picture to a post , so I can post before and after group pics.

Mmm your more of a gambler than me. Hope all is well. If it was shooting accurately, personally I would of left it alone, but thats me
    I must get one of these Walthers, which one ? That's the question

shauny is offline Has a taste for the French fancys
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Mmm your more of a gambler than me. Hope all is well. If it was shooting accurately, personally I would of left it alone, but thats me
    i would have left it too! just harder to cock with a short barrel.be interested to see if its still accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Get one of each, Dave!

The LGV/U shoot lovely.

But I have a feeling that, with your undoubted love of the 99, you would probably end up selling the heavier guns and keep the 'ickle Terrus!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I do hope the accuracy stays the same too lol , but Iv got to say if you are thinking of a Walther , give the terrus a goo , I think if you pick one up in the shop it'll not be going back on the rack ! It'll be in the car with you on the way home

It was a hard decision I will admit , don't get me wrong I just sort of fell in love with the fact that it was so much quieter with the mod on , and I didnt want to have to take it of/on when taking it in/out the bag , other wise I wouldn't of touched it , hopefully il get a few shots of tomorrow so il report back with , good news hopefully , or asking where to source a new barrel/breech

Quote Originally Posted by Josh95 View Post
    It was a hard decision I will admit , don't get me wrong I just sort of fell in love with the fact that it was so much quieter with the mod on , and I didnt want to have to take it of/on when taking it in/out the bag
    To be honest, I'd have brought a longer gun bag - especially when the rifle is so accurate to start with. Also, fitting a mod with an adaptor is poor second to a threaded barrel...

I thought about that matey , but using the gun would be a pain with it being 1044mm to start with , especially when shooting in tight spaces e.t.c , if it was purely a plinking gun I doubt I'd of bothered

I thought about that matey , but using the gun would be a pain with it being 1044mm to start with , especially when shooting in tight spaces e.t.c , if it was purely a plinking gun I doubt I'd of bothered
    Obviously, you've never experienced the joys of hunting with an HW35E (with it's 22" barrel).....

What power ar hw 35s , out of interest ? Lol , I saw one in the shop a few weeks ago looked lovely

What power ar hw 35s , out of interest ? Lol , I saw one in the shop a few weeks ago looked lovely
    Hi there, the Hw35's are full UK legal limit rifles, they have the same cylinder diameter as the powerhouse Hw 80 but have a much shorter stroke making them far more suited to the UK 12ft/lbs limit...

As elewis411 says, the modern HW35 is capable of full-power performance. However, the HW35E that I'm familiar with is an old (1974) model with a leather piston washer and runs a shade under 10 ft/lbs - average for the marque back then, but more than capable of dispatching quarry humanely (which it still does)...