Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you hunt with 10.3 ft/lbs

Would you hunt with 10.3 ft/lbs

Would you guys hunt with 10.3 ftlbs of power but great accuracy??
    Slow is smooth and smooth is fast

barrel is online now Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    absolutely.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Yes, I already do.

My hw 100 was 11.8 but I bought a second hand Theoben ttr and been plinking at 30 yards and is deadly accurate but a little lower on power...the ttr is a bit more accurate that the hw100 could this be because of the lower power ???

Accuracy is the key word!!! so obviously yes.

All FT/HFT guys usually shoot at these power levels because of the accuracy, What I don't understand is the fascination with high power!!! People who would risk getting banged up or there toys taken off them and destroyed for .1fpe over 12 for what exactly, so you can knock a tin over a metre further away!!!

After that rant.. If your sensible and aren't shooting out to more than 25 -35 yards then sub 10fpe will sort out most quarry especially if you know what your doing.

I've used one of my QB78s running 10.1 to 25yrds no problem on rats.

ATB Mark
    AA S510 Ultimate Sporter .22(My new Favorite!) - BSA R10 Mk2 .22 - Daystate Huntsman Classic .22 - BSA Ultra Se .177 - HW100ks .177 - QB Deluxe Custom .22 -Project BSA Superten .22

secretagentmole Guest
    Yes, my Theoben gas ram ran at about that ft lb with Crosman Premier Ultra Magnums.

According to chair gun @60 yards it's still 5.25 ftlbs energy left so still packing a bump at that range

I shoot rats with a .22 / 7.5 ft lb springer that is astonishingly accurate and it appears to have a more "instant" effect than any full power air gun Ive ever used. So yes.

evenbad Guest
    Used to own a Bobcat .177 shot on no2 power setting at 8.9 FTLB for shooting rats stopped over penetration and very affective

Yes ----a foot lb makes no very little difference in trajectory and/or range a bsa lightning at 10ftlb is sweet at 11 it is harsh

I had a daystate harrier in .177 flavour, using bisley magnums she was doing just under 10flb's. I shot that rifle for 8 or 9 years, and took plenty of game out to 45-50yds. There does seem to be to much on power, accuracy's the most important point.

Quote Originally Posted by ROOKIE SNIPER1 View Post
    Would you guys hunt with 10.3 ftlbs of power but great accuracy??
    Yeah in 177 you will still over penetrate on most quarry i reckon.

Plenty of folks across the pond using HW30s for rabbits

Yes my mate some times could hear the pellet hitting the hedge after the rabbit, he would say he could hear the pellet hit the rabbit than the hedge. I did hear sometime ago that you only need 2.5ftb, to kill a rabbit!!

The more people say yes ,then its good ammo for the authorities to bring down the power of air guns , so I will say NO