Thread: Walther Rotex RM8 ...

Walther Rotex RM8 ...

Go on then lads what's the opinion on this rifle ??
    Looking on you tube it doesn't seem to be that accurate,
    PCP's should at 25 yards put pellet on pellet the clips don't show that.

johnny k is offline Models mankinis for Ann Summers.

Mmmmmmmmmm

Tempted by one myself. Look good.
    Chinese springer 0.22, HW100 .177. Selection of powder burners
    When there were extra pies to eat, I avoided them.

To heavy.

BILL50

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy
    If I hadn't already been inside of a few to remedy the graunching issues when loading and I hadn't seen how crudely the cast zinc parts such as the hammer and the plastic parts such as the spring guide, parts of the cocking mechanism and other parts were put together with copious amounts of oil, then I would have been half tempted myself.

Not that I profess to be able to make a gun from scratch myself but I would have thought the manufacturers ought to have tried to build in some longevity. I predict loads of these requiring repair in the not too distant future.

Out of 6 tried from a local supplier, 5 were really underpowered too. 3 of those were apparently returned to Armex for repair/replacement and 2 of those went back again.

I don't like to slate normally but buyers should be aware that although the rotex's are cheap, they're cheaply made too. I think some of the issues are to do with the way it indexes the mag on the forward stroke of the cocking action, whereas most manufactured multishot air rifles are indexed on the pull of the bolt so the effort of the user pulling the bolt back against spring pressure is taken for granted to be stiff. The rotex is easy to cock and engage the hammer over the trigger but the forward stroke, engaging the mag along the way is a little stiffer.

To some users this will be "alien" compared to their previous PCP's and may feel wrong? To me it's no different to how the old FN series Falcons felt.

I'm thinking of buying an RM8 before too long and finally got the chance to use one for an hour last week. In .177 the one I used was putting pellets on top of each other at 25 yds. Ok, so I've had 40 yrs worth of mucking around with guns of one sort or another, but this was the first time I'd ever used a PCP for more than 2 or 3 shots. The trigger on this gun was set at "heavy and long" due to the number of noobs that get to use it, but I would have had to go to at least 35 yds before my grouping became any bigger than a 1p coin.
    With a 'properly' set up trigger I'd expect to tighten the grouping up by at least 20%.

secretagentmole Guest
    I had an R8, had to be sent back as it was woefully underpowered (only managed just over 10 with 16 grain pellets). Trigger on the R8 was also slightly woolly.

The RM8 that replaced it (under warranty) was a lot better, was pumping out pellets at around 11.5 ft lb. Accuracy was also good, ragged 1 hole groups at 30 metres.

The trigger was also better and indexing was smoother. They are not that bad to use, I think the Hatsan Galatian is a better buy though!

I Have one in .22 cal, for the money its great value, ,it shoots very well, is accurate,
    and i have shot bunnies, rats. and tree rats with my gun it is a bit heavy
    but its not a problem imo for the price its very good!!!.
    atb brian