Thread: Icon Arms Sig Sauer iP226 Long Barrel Pistol Review

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sig P226 Saga

The quality of the product is good ...... but, dealing with Icon Arms leaves a lot to be desired - extremely poor communication and problems with supply. I have one on order with deposit paid, but TBH wish I hadn't !

Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    The quality of the product is good ...... but, dealing with Icon Arms leaves a lot to be desired - extremely poor communication and problems with supply. I have one on order with deposit paid, but TBH wish I hadn't !
    I bought a Grand Power X Trim instead of the Sig now. Couldn't be happier and the service from Caledonian Arms was spot on, thanks to Feroza. Sod Icon, get your deposit back and buy a pistol that works with enough spare cash for some ammo.

A member of our local club has one and asked me to test it for him.

The pistol is well made, comprising basically SIG parts assembled in the UK excepting the stainless steel barrel and light weight barrel shroud to comply with UK law (minimum 300mm) and the “coat hanger” rear extension again, to comply with UK law (600mm minimum overall length).

Whilst the pistol is capable of adequate accurate at 25m, as the pistol has been UK custom assembled, for the price, I would have expected a much better trigger to be fitted and help justify the staggering price that no doubt reflects the short production run and limited demand.

The club members pistol was returned several times for feed issues. As the supporting video mentions, S&K pistol magazine works adequately, it is my go-to ammo for .22 semi auto, it is a shame this was not mentioned to our club member!

Forget using lower velocity or slower burning pistol ammunition, odds on it will malfunction with a stove-pipe with the tight breach requiring too much energy from the previous round to then cycle complete the semi-auto cycle. Irrespective of the ammunition used, you need to keep the breach clean. A bent cleaning brush or pull through will help on range.

I loved the 226 when I have used them in the past, never found a more accurate pistol (for me), just a shame the cost so much

Apparently he's giving back all his deposits. Seems like he cannot fulfil orders anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by kippers View Post
    Apparently he's giving back all his deposits. Seems like he cannot fulfil orders anymore.
    I've heard this as well. There's a lot of rumors going around and I tried to contact Mike to clarify but I've heard nothing back along with everyone else that have tried to get in contact. Some are saying that the pistol contains section 5 parts and he's under investigation but this could be a load of rubbish.

It's a shame because I really did want one.
    BSA R-10 MK 2 0.177 Beretta 92FS 0.177
    Pigeons - 1 Squirrels - 1 Deer - 0.5

Unfortunately I don't anyone will be getting any more iP226s, Mike Jakes was killed at the weekend in a motorbike accident.
    BSA R-10 MK 2 0.177 Beretta 92FS 0.177
    Pigeons - 1 Squirrels - 1 Deer - 0.5