Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walther LGU customised by Paul Short

Walther LGU customised by Paul Short

I have had my LGU customised by Paul Short. It is a lovely gun now - I made a video about it so you can see the shroud etc - I may be biased but I reckon its a work of art now

https://youtu.be/Vo1yr_Sre5U
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

Nice rifle Neil , was plinking with my LGU yesterday Ive just give it a strip and relube and it shoots spot on . Nice range to how far out can you get out
    A few nice rifles

I have never really measured out to the top of the garden and the video gives a fore shortening effect so you don't really see how long it is. Those spinners are around about half way - so probably 80 yards or so. Mind you I could go further down the side of the house so 100 yards could be possible if completely pointless lol

Quote Originally Posted by neil180 View Post
    I have never really measured out to the top of the garden and the video gives a fore shortening effect so you don't really see how long it is. Those spinners are around about half way - so probably 80 yards or so. Mind you I could go further down the side of the house so 100 yards could be possible if completely pointless lol
    You gotta do the 80 Neil
    A few nice rifles

lol - I need a quigley bucket..... in fact I have already asked Mick how to make one

Lovely; nice one, Neil.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

God I love this gun!! I have just had a thoroughly enjoyable half hour with it plinking up the garden. You guys asked me to do the 80 yard shot - so I have given it some thought and once I have made a bit of a gadget I will give it a go and produce a video to go with it

God I love this gun!! I have just had a thoroughly enjoyable half hour with it plinking up the garden. You guys asked me to do the 80 yard shot - so I have given it some thought and once I have made a bit of a gadget I will give it a go and produce a video to go with it
    Nice one Neil will look forward to watching it
    A few nice rifles

I can see the Quigley Bucket taking a right old hammering in a couple of weeks' time!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I hope so

Great video ,thanks for posting it ,wish I had a garden like that

Quote Originally Posted by MADEinSTOKE View Post
    Great video ,thanks for posting it ,wish I had a garden like that

To be honest, even when I go to a shooting club I always spend my time shooting at knock downs. I have done a couple of HFT courses but its not really my bag and I hate killing stuff. So I find it pretty difficult to drag myself away from just shooting up the garden! Apart from Quigley Hollow of course but thats all about meeting loads of folks and a 75 yard bucket!!

In the future I am going to make myself a selection of new targets. I bought an excellent set of resettable knock downs for my last club but I can't for the life of me remember where I bought them from - I might even make some kind of target range that I can roll our of the garage, shoot at and then roll back in.... we will see

Great looking and sounding gun, good shooting and video. I gave you a thumbs up for not playing music!

Thank you - I have some pet hates in youtube videos. I don't like them when they are too long, I hate the license free music they try to make you apply to them and I hate it when they go off point. So I try to be none of those things ...

Lovely gun indeed, but how heavy is the trigger? It is not just the long first stage (you can get rid of most of that with a small metal filler block glued into the notch in the trigger blade) but even on the lightest possible setting , so the spring is hardly working at all, and after stripping, polishing and using just a touch of oil as lubricant, mine still has a a trigger weight of over 3 pounds. This, for me, spoils an otherwise superb and devastatingly accurate gun. Maybe somewhere there is someone who could make a new blade with improved geometry?