Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walther LGU customised by Paul Short

Interesting - I have never really bothered about the trigger as I find it pretty comfortable - but I am no expert of trigger weight etc. I will have a play and see if I can suss out exactly how heavy the trigger is to pull.....
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

Thanks, I would be interested to know if yours is also heavy, or I just have a bad one. Or perhaps I am over fussy, as my other guns have Rekord triggers, so I am used to something better. I measured my pull weight with a simple spring balance, £1 from an autojumble, so it is not necessarily accurate, but it must give a general idea.

I will try and get hold of some kind of spring balance - maybe one of those little ones for measuring luggage might do the job?? I will give it a go and get back to you .... or if you are going to the springer bash you can have a few shots with it and feel for yourself

Still not sure about the springer bash, I definitely can't do the Saturday, but may manage the Sunday. But I would be interested in a comparison sometime if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    Still not sure about the springer bash, I definitely can't do the Saturday, but may manage the Sunday. But I would be interested in a comparison sometime if possible.
    Yes mine is also heavy, I have a screw which takes up most of the long first stage, but the second stage is heavy. The problem is the screw is too close to the pivot point. I have tuned my gun ( lighter piston with o ring and shorter stroke) It shoots superbly, other than the trigger, There is no room to move the trigger screw position so I will have to make a new blade.
    I had a shot with Nick Murphey's lgu, he has made his own blade, and the trigger is superb, I think rowan do one but not sure if they have addressed this problem.

A meet up is on I reckon - we are only 20 miles or so apart so we can compare guns etc

A number of folks have asked me for contact details for Paul Short

He has given me permission to give out his email address so if you want it give me a shout.

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Yes mine is also heavy, I have a screw which takes up most of the long first stage, but the second stage is heavy. The problem is the screw is too close to the pivot point. I have tuned my gun ( lighter piston with o ring and shorter stroke) It shoots superbly, other than the trigger, There is no room to move the trigger screw position so I will have to make a new blade.
    I had a shot with Nick Murphey's lgu, he has made his own blade, and the trigger is superb, I think rowan do one but not sure if they have addressed this problem.
    Hi Nick - I don't want to steal any of your trade secrets, but I would be interested to know how much you have lightened the piston by

Quote Originally Posted by neil180 View Post
    Hi Nick - I don't want to steal any of your trade secrets, but I would be interested to know how much you have lightened the piston by
    A lot, its almost as light as my ally tx set up .

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    A lot, its almost as light as my ally tx set up .
    lol - thanks for that but I have no idea how light your alloy TX set up is!!

Still not sure about the springer bash, I definitely can't do the Saturday, but may manage the Sunday.
    Nottingham? You're so close to the Bash venue.

Go on, take the plunge. I promise you won't regret it. Be great if you can make it.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

For anyone wanting to contact Paul Short, he has given me permission to hand out his email address, so I have included it in the video description on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Nottingham? You're so close to the Bash venue.

Go on, take the plunge. I promise you won't regret it. Be great if you can make it.
    I really will try - no question about enjoying it!