Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airsporter Centennary

Airsporter Centennary

Hi Gents looking for a valuation on a gun.

Looking to move on my Airsporter Centennary in .22 What is the going rate for these guns nowadays? Has the bag (strap/sling snapped in middle) certificate, pellets, target, scope and mounts(scope is mounted). Excellent condition fired indoors(approx. 10 times) only since I purchased it from another bbs member.

Thanks

Pat

pics of rifle..will do pics of other bits n bobs when i find the box they in.

http://s1052.photobucket.com/user/el...R%20CENTENNARY
    Last edited by el maipino; 03-05-2015 at 12:24 PM. Reason: added pics link

needs pictures
    atb Keith

If the rifle is as good as described, it has to be in the £600 range.

John

a rough valuation would be about what you paid for it

Will take some pics today hopefully and upload. Purchased a few years back now cannot remember exactly how much I paid. Thanks gents.

Pat

Without seeing pictures of the rifle and accessories - is the badge with it? - , and going on the description given, with no original box and damaged case sling/strap - what about the case handles? - , I would estimate £500 - £550.

I have the badge yes, case handles still there too. Will get pics up later today.

Pat

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    To fetch top money - it has to be boxed/mint/.177cal/all accessories present/ boxed/bagged and unfitted/rifle unfired.
    .22 cal next - as above.
    Traders/collectors/dealers will all ask top price.
    Private sales usually go for less. (depends on what the owner will accept)
    Rifles with missing accessories, gunbags with broken handles (with age) or used will attract less depending on condition etc.
    Top money - you can look at up to £1000 from a dealer.
    £700 circa private.
    probably no less than £400 for a 'user'/shooter.
    I bought mine from a guy whe had owned/sold about 4 of them.
    I may be wrong but I remember him saying he sold a mint/boxed .177 for £2000.

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Had one myself for a few years in .22 , the .177 version seems to be the rarer of the two. When I came to move it on I got mucked about by a lot of real time wasters Eventually after 8 months I sold her for what I had given for her£500, I didnt loose but I didnt gain on her. A lot of people beleve there the best of all the Airsporters , myself ( having ownded them neatlly all ) beleve it was over -hypded(sounds-familiar) and offerd no real improvements over the standard S models has regards triguer, power / accuracey. I buy my rifles to use not to look at and handle with gloves ., the Centenary was a lot of iceing on a very ordinary sponge cake to my mind. Good luck with any sale.

BSA Centenaries.

Five or six years ago I had two Centenaries , mint , unused and consecutive serial numbers, one was 0.177 the other 0.22.
    I sold them for £1400:00.

Spot on Fattmannn
    No denying they look good tho!

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Spot on Fattmannn
    No denying they look good tho!
    100%on that but looks are not evreything are they

Agreed the Centenary is a lovely looking rifle, let down perhaps by the rather plain stock. I understand BSA went way over budget with this commemorative model and a plain stock was chosen due to ever spiralling costs. I think this is a great shame as the stock is the most striking element of this rifle but in 1982, BSA did have some financial difficulties.

The Centenary can be a little uncomfortable to cock during prolonged shooting sessions too but that is almost immaterial.

John

Thanks for all the replies, added link for pics of rifle. Will do bag and its n bobs when I find the box they in.

Pat

Completely mint as said £850-950. Sold a .177 the other month and had loads of inquiries all trying to get it for less. One paid and now owns it and enjoying the ownership; the others aren't. Thats collecting.

A excellent hardly a mark on it with most of the bits then £550-650. Well used but not abused with some bits then £450. The trouble is that people either want mint unused perfect, or for £450 or less as a shooter. In fact as a shooter they are just too similar to a standard Airsporter S which can be had for not a lot. They point beautifully for their iron sights.
    Its the loss of premium for mint which is in free-fall price wise. Shooters are rare though.