Thread: Where to get targets and the right paper?

Where to get targets and the right paper?

I want to take up target pistol shooting.
    Where do I get the right paper to print my own targets, and/or the official targets themselves please?
    Ordinary A4 paper just doesn't leave a neat enough hole even with wadcutters.

I buy mine from this company in Germany, 1000 at a time. Very efficient and they speak English.

http://targets.krueger-shops.eu/
    Evo 10 Compact.

Good link, thanks! What do the holes look like?
    Would be good to find the right blank paper in A4 also.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Hi

I just buy 160gsm light card by the ream - 250 sheets, and print them as I need them from the various free sights on the web, an example is below.

http://www.gr8fun.net/AirgunTargets/...ets-ezp-4.html

I know you can probably get them cheaper if you buy thousands, but this way I only use what I need, when I need them, and I can chop and change as I feel.

James

What do the holes look like?
    Clean holes even with the lower power FAS 604 I used to own.
    Evo 10 Compact.

I just use normal a4 copy paper but use thin wall paper paste and stick them to card or card board box's cut to size and hung over my target box , good clean holes great to practice on and you can use them a few times before binning them,

Hmmm, I'd rather not have to do that. If I shoot a few targets a day, that's up to two thousand targets a year.

If you are serious about target pistol shooting, join a club where target cards are usually provided free.

Just one problem about joining a club: I am in the Azores Islands and the nearest air pistol club is about 1000 miles away in Lisbon!
    I have problems just finding heavy gauge copier paper.

Just one problem about joining a club: I am in the Azores Islands and the nearest air pistol club is about 1000 miles away in Lisbon!
    I have problems just finding heavy gauge copier paper. No shortage of wine though...

Quote Originally Posted by AlsoFishes View Post
    I have problems just finding heavy gauge copier paper. No shortage of wine though...

Buy light card and surf the net for free targets,loads of sites offering free targets.

BILL50

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Kruger

Its not worth the hassle printing your own, they will be rubbish compared to the official ones, they will not be eligable for postal competitions, and you will only save pennies, just buy from Kruger they are under 30 Euro's for a 1000.
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Thing is that I made myself some steel pellet traps into which slides a piece of A4.
    I take potshots at these 2/3 times a day on the way past. They are at 5m and 8m in my workshop and in the house, so I have printed myself 6-bull scaled-down targets (5 shots each) to save me having to change them so often and wasting paper.

"Official" 10m targets are a pointlessly stupid size. Virtually nobody can print 15x15cm or guilliotine to that size in any quantity. Everybody can print A4 paper, so WTF they are made in a non-rational size nobody can print I do not understand. Even A5 would make much more sense. I am not going to make stupid size steel traps specially just to fit the "official"ISSF targets Kruger supplies.
    I will email them and ask them to start selling the paper in A4 so everyybody can buy that and print their own customised targets.

The best targets I've used are the NSRA ones. For example: http://www.nsrashop.co.uk/acatalog/Airgun.html

The problem with printing your own is the paper. It's a heavy gauge paper but with short strands to allow for a crisper hole. Why not make some rails so that an ISSF target will slide into an A4 backing card? I agree that ISSF targets are a strange size but I can't see them being changed any time soon! Kruger targets (and others) are so cheap that it's not worth messing about trying to print your own (I speak as someone who shoots pretty seriously and has a Dad who is a printer). You can get targets from between 3p and 5p each, unless you're buying tonnes of paper then the paper alone will cost you more than that. The alternative is to cut down 20yd targets....but that will cost you more in targets in the first place.....
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+