Thread: Second hand FT rifles - Any recommendations??

Question Second hand FT rifles - Any recommendations??

Hi,

I have been shooting in local club events with my HW100 with good results. However after recently trying another members FTP 900 I realised how the correct fit can make things so much more steady and comfortable.

I am looking to upgrade, new or second hand, but not sure what FT rifles to consider. I realise that it needs to fit well initially but from a mechanical, reliability and accuracy point of view which rifles are considered to be best?

Thanks in advance guys!
    Regards, Gareth

Always learning!

A FTP 900 is a great rifle but in my opinion I don't feel it is any better than a second hand pro target or ev2 with a custom stock. You can pick up a pro target and stock for the 500-700 mark when a FTP will set you back around 1000-1200 second hand. But if you can get up your local club and try as many rifles and scopes as you can as some suit and some won't.

My advice is spend on a good scope and if you get on well with it and learn it never never sell it you will regret it...

Cheers FT87. I'll keep my eyes open. I like the look of the ev2 mark 4. Any pointers where to find second rifles for sale? I cant we the sales section on here just yet and not much on "shooting the breeze" either.

Glass wise I have just bought a second hand Falcon T50 from a fellow club member and found this to be a big improvement over my hawke sidewinder.

Sorry for the late response, just realised the notifications were turned off. Turned on now. 😀
    Regards, Gareth

Always learning!