Thread: Sam k14

Sam k14

Just about to go ahead and buy a SAm K14, for match use, and wondered what the view is on the pistol.
    I know that you don't see them everyday, and of the Morini connection.... But would be interesting to know if I'm buying into a loser or winner.....

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsalmon View Post
    Just about to go ahead and buy a SAm K14, for match use, and wondered what the view is on the pistol.
    I know that you don't see them everyday, and of the Morini connection.... But would be interesting to know if I'm buying into a loser or winner.....
    I have owned the SAM K14 pistols and have found them to be an excellent and well engineered match pistol of very high quality ......and the fact that very few of them are about only increased the pleasure of ownership.

As long as you are happy with the pistol, it works well and the price is OK for you then you are not buying a "loser".

Everyone that had a go with my K14 was very impressed with it and nobody knows why there are so few of them in regular use when they handle and shoot so well.
    Last edited by zooma; 07-05-2015 at 11:41 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I bought Bobs (Zooma's) K15 which is pretty much the same pistol and it was superb, ended up trading in for a Steyr but in all honesty my scores were just as good with the SAM and as Bob say's it's nice to have something a little different on the range, As long as it's been looked after I wouldn't hesitate in giving it a recommendation
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    I'm the proud owner of a SAM K11 of 2001 vintage and it shoots as well as my Morini CM 162 short.

The main thing to ensure consistency is to use a small amount of Feinwerkbau grease or Molykote 111 on the thread of the cylinder so it doesn't pick up the "O" ring in the regulator and a similar small amount on the probe seal. Other than that I have found no problems; the trigger is multi adjustable as is the grip for rake and offset - so you should be able to fit it to your posture etc.

Good luck and good shooting. If you need a manual, pm me and I'll email a copy of my K11 one; there are few differences I believe.

ATB
    Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

I had a SAM and got on well with it. They're well designed and accurate. Depending how much it is it is probably as good as anything else. I don't know about availability of spares or servicing. I think that Paul Cutts of Diverse Trading is the importer of SAM, but don't know if sells / gets spares. I think that Bob Cleverly of Checkmate Guns services most things but have had no dealings with him so couldn't vouch one way or the other for him. If you like it, shoot well with it and can afford it then buy it! We are conditioned to only shooting Steyr and Morini (I shoot a Morini) in the UK, but there are a lot of other great pistols out there.....
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+

Sam k14

I too had one of Zooma's SAM K14's.
    I really liked it a lot.
    So I sold it.
    Yes I know.
    But done the same thing with cars and motorbikes.

Would only say, don't pay too much for it.
    Also if you want to move it on. It's not the easiest gun to sell.

Anyway, trigger is great, low sight line and not too much recoil.

Still have a left hand Rink grip if anyone wants to buy one.

Anyone would think by reading this that Bob has a lot of guns
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    Anyone would think by reading this that Bob has a lot of guns
    He's got fewer now as he's been selling to fund his retirement plan....whatever that is
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    He's got fewer now as he's been selling to fund his retirement plan....whatever that is
    Its to buy Rawtenstall. Only another £4.37 to go!

I had a SAM K14 and its one of the few Ive sold. While it is a very nice accurate pistol I found it to be very hold sensitive and you have enough to do while your pistol shooting (sight picture, trigger squeeeeze, follow through) etc without having to worry how exact and constant your grip is.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Its to buy Rawtenstall. Only another £4.37 to go!

I had a SAM K14 and its one of the few Ive sold. While it is a very nice accurate pistol I found it to be very hold sensitive and you have enough to do while your pistol shooting (sight picture, trigger squeeeeze, follow through) etc without having to worry how exact and constant your grip is.

ATB
    Ian
    Then again, you struggle to walk and chew gum at the same time.

ATB
    Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    The plan is to survive on a state pension and sell -off a few of my airguns now and again to supplement it - but the other part of the plan is not to buy any more airguns.....and that is not going quite so well
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.