Thread: 7.5 Swiss reloading

7.5 Swiss reloading

Does anyone have a Lee FL resizing die or collet die for sale please...just the resizing die needed.

amc577

Quote Originally Posted by amc577 View Post
    Does anyone have a Lee FL resizing die or collet die for sale please...just the resizing die needed.

amc577
    I'm sorry that I can't help you out here, although I've been reloading Swiss since around 1989. I'm not sure if Lee sell individual parts of their die-sets, so you might have to buy the whole shebang. Not expensive tho'.

Where do YOU shoot Swiss?

tac
    www.swissrifles.com

like Tac says, buy the whole set its not expensive, personally I use the full length resizing die, neck sizing on a straight pull is just asking for trouble
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

I agree.

The Lee die sizes the necks a bit much compared to the RCBS ones I have. Got quite a few cracked cases after just one reload. Decided to use RCBS after that.

BB

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    like Tac says, buy the whole set its not expensive, personally I use the full length resizing die, neck sizing on a straight pull is just asking for trouble
    I've been shooting a K31 and a K11 since late 1989, and reloading using Lee dies as they suit the tighter chamber of the K31 to a tee.

I ALWAYS FL size.

tac

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    I've been shooting a K31 and a K11 since late 1989, and reloading using Lee dies as they suit the tighter chamber of the K31 to a tee.

I ALWAYS FL size.

tac
    ^^^^^what he said ^^^^^^^
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

full length resizing works fine for me as well, neck sizing will only give you problems

Suddenly, we seem to have a lot of people who shoot Swiss schtuff. Where have you all been all these years? Why aren't you on swissrifles.com?

tac

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    Suddenly, we seem to have a lot of people who shoot Swiss schtuff. Where have you all been all these years? Why aren't you on swissrifles.com?

tac
    have been a member for some years, same name just don't visit so much now, was sad to hear about Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    have been a member for some years, same name just don't visit so much now, was sad to hear about Frank.
    Yes indeed, he was the best friend we had on swissrifles forum. I used to josh with him a lot, him in Dutch and me in Afrikaans. I'll really miss him.

tac

I reload both cast and jacketed bullets. I only use the Lee collet die and get no problems.

Collet sizing 7.5

Fired off 40 rounds, collet sized, no problems. We will see how many reloads I can get before I have to FL resize. I am tempted to buy a lee collet for the 308. I assume that Lee have the patent rights to the collet die since no one else seems to make them. A great shame about Frank on the Swiss Rifles forum, he was a mine of information.

amc577