Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FWB spring pistols

FWB spring pistols

I've done a gallery of my FWB spring pistol collection here, in case anyone is interested.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/68145...spring+pistols
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Impressive!
    I have a mere 2 mod 65's, one of which I bought new in the 1970's and which has fired thousands of rounds in matches and competitions during 70's 80'sand 90's up until 1997 when I acquired a Tau7 CO2 followed by a Morini 162EI and now a FWB 44 which I currently compete with.
    I never regarded these classic mod 65's as collectables but I can see the appeal; quite an admirable collection you have. Well done.
    Aubrey

What a superb collection.....thank you for sharing....I'll now take a box of tissues and find a quiet room to view the pics again...
    Eric.

Excellent collection

Nice to see the subtle differences between the models.

Very nice Danny - those cases are superb,most I have seen have damage around the where the sights locate in the case. Are the 'kurtz' models marked as such by the factory ?

Your missing the FWB 90 - FWBs finest hour with the spring powered models

Thanks all.

Mark, I do have a model 90 but it's neither boxed nor cased.

I think I've seen a couple of 90s in mod 80 cases before, but never in a dedicated case made for the 90, which is a bit bigger around the frame forward of the trigger where the solenoid is housed.

If anyone has a cased mod 90 I'd be glad of some pics, please. Even better if they were willing to sell it (cased pistol or just case).

The kurz pistols are not marked as such, even on the manuals stamped with the serial number, it seems. See here for the 'K' designation.

I've repaired some of the usual case damage using PVA glue and blue flock particles which I bought on the auction site. You can see the repairs if you look closely but since the colours almost match, it's hard to see.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Nice collection. I have a few of the 65's an 80 and 90, none of them cased but all as new. I've always fancied the bull barrel version of the 65, no idea why they made this one though.
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

Lovely!

Thanks Danny, just started getting in to these, and currently have an earlyish 65 and a 90. It could very easily become a micro-obsession within the bigger habit of collecting air weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post

I think I've seen a couple of 90s in mod 80 cases before, but never in a dedicated case made for the 90, which is a bit bigger around the frame forward of the trigger where the solenoid is housed.
    I tell a lie, I just found a pic of one on my hard drive that is apparently in a dedicated (ie. not chopped about) case. Now added to the end of the post.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Great guns and cases - an enviable collection! However, no pictures of the box lids when closed? Does this mean that there are no features on any of the lids of these examples? I am curious, having seen only one example of these boxes in the flesh.

I was only talkin to my mate Ian the other evening about the FWB 65. Seeing this impressive collection has once again rekindled my interest in this classic and excellent target pistol. Can anybody remember one of the early Beeman "Airgun Digest" editions which had a pic of both a 65 and its longer sibling the 300 on the cover? I think I fell in love with both at that time. I currently have a nice 300S, but will have to team it up with a 65 I reckon.

Some cracking pictures and thanks for taking the time to share them with us all.

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Hi Danny,

I don't know how you find the room for your superb collection of air guns.

My local club has as old FWB Mod 65 which was originally intended to be used as an introductory 10 metre pistol, but is still used regularly in actual competition.

I particularly liked the compact version of this quality pistol which I find suits my hold a bit better.

Out of interest, I had been using a FAS 604 for competition shooting but was looking to update it with a PCP of similar compact size. I have ended up with a Feinwerkbau 'Piccolo' which is the compact version of their P11 model. Although still a superbly well made pistol, I doubt it will be around for as long as its spring powered predecessors.

Regards

Brian

A superb collection and some great photos there, Garvin. I am most jealous.

Matt

Thanks Andy, Brian, Matt.

John, in answer to your query about the lids, I've added a pic to the series on the second case down - the 'after-market' accessory case with plastic moulded tray. It's the only case I've seen with any writing on it. All the others seem to have the usual plain textured leatherette covering.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

New pics

For anyone who's interested, I've just updated the thread with some new pics.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery