Thread: Wanted 75gr A-max

Wanted 75gr A-max

Evening all

Picked up my new Cz527 1:9 0.223 yesterday, I was planning on trying it with the above but most feedback was that the 75 gr A-max need a 1:8 to stabilise.

I resigned myself to the fact that 69gr will likely be the heaviest bullet I will stabilise, not the end of the world. However the rifle came with load data for 3 loads all with accurate 2460; 55gr soft point; 55 gr v-max and 75gr A-max (from the previous, previous owner)

The a-max load is 23gr of 2460 over a rem primer col 2.320 so it looks like someone has worked up a load.

Would anyone be good enough to sell me 10-15 to test the load, I don't want to shell out for 100 to find they don't really work!

Cheers
    Thanks for looking

leave it with me..i may have a few. Ive got to sort a parcel later so will check and get back to you.They are a pain in the ass to get accurate AFAIK. Once right they are A-mazing .....think you have to single feed them due to the length

G
    Rapid 7 / 10-22 ATN 2 Stiller Predator .204 Pulsar N970 Tikka T3 semi custom ATN MARS thermal.204 Tikka T3 Semi.223 Wylde IOR Operator Lawton 6mmBR Kahles Gen 3 - Stiller 6.5 x 47 Bushnell BDX - Winchester Red Performance SX3 12g

I echo what Sidesy says mate. I found them very very finicky but once I found it was the seating depth that was causing the problem I got them very accurate

Hi, i have unlucky for some 13!! I hope its NOT an omen for you
    PM me your addy and i'll get them over to you
    G
    Rapid 7 / 10-22 ATN 2 Stiller Predator .204 Pulsar N970 Tikka T3 semi custom ATN MARS thermal.204 Tikka T3 Semi.223 Wylde IOR Operator Lawton 6mmBR Kahles Gen 3 - Stiller 6.5 x 47 Bushnell BDX - Winchester Red Performance SX3 12g

Cheers lads, to be honest I wasn't going to attempt it but as it looks like someone else did all the hard work I thought I'd try their recipe, only trouble is the brass wasn't given in the load data. Hoping its federal as there was a bunch of fed brass with the rifle.

There was also 40 brass in an envelope with your name on it Danny, possibly Lapua was it yours? I'll send you a photo.

Sidesy, thanks very much, I'll PM my addy now
    Thanks for looking

I have a Savage that is 1 in 9" and it handles the 75gr. A-Max just fine. Also other bullets of the same length such as the 80g SMK and Berger VLD.

Don't discount the Hornady 75gn HPBTs or even the Sierra 77gn HPBTs they both perform well in some 1 in 9s.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!