Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Standard versus "Compact" length target pistols

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    You would be welcome to borrow my Kite Young - and maybe have a go with my LP2 as well so you can also check-out another suggestion that has been made to you.
    Some are just physically impossible.

I think between Rivi members and Bob (ZOOMA) you have a wide choice or pistols to try 'b4 u buy.' If theres owt Ive got that you want a go with just let me know. My rates are very reasonable.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Some are just physically impossible.

I think between Rivi members and Bob (ZOOMA) you have a wide choice or pistols to try 'b4 u buy.' If theres owt Ive got that you want a go with just let me know. My rates are very reasonable.
    I know you also have some SHORT pistols - between us all I think Andy has a huge choice of compact pistols to sample and compare against the regular length types.

..and some lightweight regular length pistols that could also help
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I've kept out of this but it prompted me to change my Pardini K12 to the longer barrel and cylinders as I've both short and long versions. I've now used it for three weeks and I must say I like the long better (so far) group has tightened and scores are "generally" up. this is all subjective and not empirical a I've not tried it out on the scatt yet with live fire or for a long enough period of time. I will try it using the shorter cylinders with the long barrel after a month or so to track the difference if any.
    The extra weight gives a little more muscle tension and I think this is what is doing it for me, I'm small and lightly built but not weak.

George

Well, I actually ended up buying a new Walther LP400. It is the full length version and shoots a damned sight better than anything I can currently manage. I have also acquired from a certain north western airgun hoarder a nice FWB 34 which is a shorty. At present, it is hard to tell which I shoot better with (average 550 ish) but I enjoy shooting them both and managed my personal best of a 48 with the FWB. Only managed a 47 with Walther so far. Lets face it, they are all fun to shoot, and if I am honest with myself (and following advice from some experienced and qualified club coaches,) I am just enjoying the challenge and not concentrating sufficiently. I can do it, but appear to just enjoy shooting the damned things. I really will have to find my serious head, slow down and see what I am truly capable of.

Still, I haven't enjoyed a shooting challenge as much for many years now as this pistol shooting lark is so much more difficult than anything with a rifle in my opinion. I can even be found spending half hour periods at home practicing trigger technique with the dry firing facility. I reckon that I am improving slowly, but really have to start taking each shot seriously rather than just blasting away and hoping for the best! The new rested pistol also sounds promising to me.

My personal target is to increase my average six card average to 560 plus by Christmas. Put it this way, it wont be for want of trying!

Arent pistols crap!

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Well done - good shooting Andy!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Thanks Bob. My improvement is slow but sure due to the assistance so far of Mike, Steve and the Blackburn gun hoarder.
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !