Thread: Parker Hale Phoenix Mk ll

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I am another fan.
    I bought one in .177 when it was 18 months old.
    I wasn't that keen but it was a bargain.
    Works well and very accurate.

I bought the quick fill cylinder from Pax which was £130 and is a great improvement.
    Maintenance is just a bit of oil on the end of the cylinder now and again.

I like the fact that you get a good clear manual and a few spares including a valve.
    Even with the quickfill there were clear instructions and a few thoughtful bits.

Good support from Pax.

Mine has an ordinary 3-9 40 scope and what you aim at you hit with little effort.

I have had mine a couple of years with no issues.
    As far as reliability goes I know that DCL Dave has been speed shooting for sometime and his hasn't broken!

They way other airguns prices have shot up makes this unique gun a real contender in the new market and a definite secondhand buy.

You get used to the rear balance!
    Last edited by gingernut; 17-05-2015 at 08:07 AM.

Superb rifles and as accurate as any other quality pcp. Standard length enefits from a silencer as there is quite a bark. But then most pcps are like this. I use mine (.177) for HFT, it is the quick fill model and I have no trouble shooting a full course plus some pre-shoot shots to check zero on one fill. No commercially available single shot tray which is a bit of a bind for HFT but a bit of work and I made a suitable tray. The magazines are different from the MK1 rifle which used the old BSA type without the peg (I am still looking for a couple of these as I believe the new BSA versions are not the same). Very pleased.
    Cheers, Phil

hi i have the mk2 phoenix in 177 k version and normally get about 70/80 shots to one fill but then i have never checked the power when i get back from shooting but still seems ok up to 7 or 8 mags , When i bought mine second hand off this site i took a chance as i had never seen one before but they don't come up for sale very often so jumped at it, The gun is extremely accurate and you can let off about 10 shots in just over 5 to 7 seconds after a bit of practice, The balance of the gun seems to work great for me and the buddy bottle change is quite straight forward and has i have a 500cc field top up bottle i see the need to go quick fill, I did however notice a couple of times when loading and shooting i did notice the mag did not index once out of 10 shots which did happen a couple of times but i don't really use the gun that much and did run some oil through it and it seemed ok when i used it last, I now also use a push pin to insert the pellets a little further into the mag , Myself i would have liked to have a strip guide on basic maintenance and seal changing should i need one as to me it looks like a gun that if you took apart the chances are you wont get it back together but then again it may be a straight forward task, Myself i really love this gun and part with it and anyone who see's it always comments on it , I have had it a couple of years now and still trying to pluck up the courage to have the stock drilled for studs to fit a sling. If you do buy one one thing is you will never have much trouble trying to shift it if you don't get on with it. Oh one extra thing i did need to use high mounts for the scope for it to fit me comfy

Have a Mk1 .22 with MK2 internals. Lovely gun, smooth and no jams. Under-lever is a joy to use and something different. Had mine for a few years now. Do not use it too much nowadays as I shoot big bore guns now more than anything. Great looking gun, put mine up for sale now as I do not use it and moving abroad but definitely worth having one if only to try something different.

Pat