Thread: What kind of fool am I

What kind of fool am I

Just received by FAC and noticed (my Fault) that I have a slot for.44 BP revolver. A few years ago I had a ROA .45 and a Pedersoli Remington .44 as the ROA is out what is the equilivant in quality. Could be in stainless or blued any suggestions I would prefer new as I then know what has gone down the barrel.
    Anschutz 1913. .22lr - Big Nikko. TX200.177 Mk3 Ultimate
    Taurus 357 LBR. Taurus .22 LBR BSA .22 RF Martini International Mk3.
    Marlin 357 original JM.

Hi Mac42, Just wondering why the ROA is out,?? still one of the best b/p revolvers and still available in good condition. Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tim56 View Post
    Hi Mac42, Just wondering why the ROA is out,?? still one of the best b/p revolvers and still available in good condition. Tim
    There is maybe ONE percussion revolver that is the equal of the ROA - it is the Hege/Feinwerkbau Remington copy, priced, if you can find one, at anything from £1000 to 1500.

The problem with the ROA is simply that there are no spares that are not shared with the Blackkhawk/Super Blackhawk revolvers, and since there are no LEGAL Blackhawks or Super Blackhawks in Great Britain, the chance of obtaining spare parts is slight to nil. Besides, all the bits remaining are black/blued, which is fine if you have a black/blued ROA, but not if you have a stainless steel version that+ most of them were.

The other little problem comes from the confusion surrounding the calibre of the ROA. Consistng mostly of total ****wits, the home Office decided that although it is a .44cal revolver to most people, the fact that like EVERY BP .44cal revolver it actually shoots a .457cal ball MUST mean that it's really a .45cal. So some are called .44s and some are called .45s - even Ruger bowed to the inevitable in instructions and box labels showing .45cal...

Therefore, be certain before you buy that you have the correct calibre on the box and actual firearm to match the entry on your FAC, or else you'll be hanged, drawn and quartered, fined 25 shillings, and have four points on your license, at least.

tac

Anvil Conversions are worth a look.
    Not BP but interesting guns.

Yep, Anvils are nice, mine shoots a .457 ball the same as my Rugers but its on my ticket as a 44. Nice as it is it
    isn't the same as shooting a b/p revolver with 30grns of black stuff in it.
    Tac,s had his since the 1960s and had god only knows how many rounds through it, iv only had mine for a few years
    by comparison but still working slicker than a slick thing in a bucket of slick stuff.. Only part iv had to replace is a main
    spring that i knackered by trying to shorten it to reduce the trigger pull, trigger pull was excellent but didn't have
    enough umph to ignite the caps. DOH.! Got a new one from USA as part of a kit and away we went. Tim
    Last edited by tim56; 18-05-2015 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    There is maybe ONE percussion revolver that is the equal of the ROA - it is the Hege/Feinwerkbau Remington copy, priced, if you can find one, at anything from £1000 to 1500.

The problem with the ROA is simply that there are no spares that are not shared with the Blackkhawk/Super Blackhawk revolvers, and since there are no LEGAL Blackhawks or Super Blackhawks in Great Britain, the chance of obtaining spare parts is slight to nil. Besides, all the bits remaining are black/blued, which is fine if you have a black/blued ROA, but not if you have a stainless steel version that+ most of them were.

The other little problem comes from the confusion surrounding the calibre of the ROA. Consistng mostly of total ****wits, the home Office decided that although it is a .44cal revolver to most people, the fact that like EVERY BP .44cal revolver it actually shoots a .457cal ball MUST mean that it's really a .45cal. So some are called .44s and some are called .45s - even Ruger bowed to the inevitable in instructions and box labels showing .45cal...

Therefore, be certain before you buy that you have the correct calibre on the box and actual firearm to match the entry on your FAC, or else you'll be hanged, drawn and quartered, fined 25 shillings, and have four points on your license, at least.

tac
    Thanks for the reply....... It appears that one or two RFD's do sell the ROA as a .44/.45 Muzzle loaded revolver to people with a .44 Muzzle loaded revolver slot. It does not appear to be a big problem. Having discussed this matter in great detail with some very qualified experts it appears I do not have a problem purchasing a second hand ROA in stainless steel.
    Anschutz 1913. .22lr - Big Nikko. TX200.177 Mk3 Ultimate
    Taurus 357 LBR. Taurus .22 LBR BSA .22 RF Martini International Mk3.
    Marlin 357 original JM.