Thread: Best flat pellet for 6 yd pistol?

Best flat pellet for 6 yd pistol?

Is there a 1.77 flat nose pellet that stands out from the crowd for 6yd paper?
    I am shooting a pcp Rohm so any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by 4040johno View Post
    Take a look at the thread on 4.49 or 4.50 pellets as there is a lot of helpful information in there that may help to answer your question.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I wouldn't worry about pellet size and choice too much. There really isn't a massive difference between Geco and Quan Yiang, except that a very few out of every thousand Geco might drop just outside the group. If you are very worried then vice the pistol, and adjust the velocity of the pistol until all pellets are going through the same hole. Steyr and Morini will put 10 shots through a 4.5mm hole...... Steyr at about 160ms Morini at about 150ms. Other pistols I am unsure about, but most info is on the net somewhere.....
    -Nick-
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+

Whatever pellet you do settle on, stick with it to be consistent. I recently bought some R10's and found out later that they were 4.49 rather than 4.50 that I usually get.
    My groups all moved up by 10 to 15mm and I had to adjust my sights. I will now stick with the 4.49's so I don't have to muck about with the sights again!

Cheers, Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by 4040johno View Post
    No there isn't any pellets that big.
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, but mostly I just sits.

For every day plinking it's got to be geco, for comps/serious shooting it's got to be r10, there are rifle and pistol r10's (rifle are slightly heavier) and there are different head sizes for both (a lot of gunshops only have the rifle ones, one gunshop I went to said they just order r10's they did not know there was rifle and pistol variants let alone different head sizes)
    "Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened" Winston Churchill
    http://planetairgun.com/index.php

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    I would say do what Nick says,that's good advice
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

I use a lot of Walther finale match pistol for my FWB 80.

They are fairly cheap and consistent at 10m
    Wanted part new/used: Model 65, 80, 90 part 1600.178.1 Führungsachse, hinten ø 4,615 Guide axle, rear, ø 4,615