Thread: silencers on springers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have a full shroud / silencer on my LGU. THe noise of the action is still there but downrange it obviously makes a difference as I have to shout or throw things to clear birds off my targets while I am shooting!!
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

I think a heavy silencer also helps to calm down the muzzle flail when firing.

Quote Originally Posted by Biker_Bob View Post
    I think a heavy silencer also helps to calm down the muzzle flail when firing.
    It definitely does. When I attached my contraption, it definitely steadied the gun a lot. This one weighs in at close to a 1/2kg.
    I got some of my best groups ever with it on
    Wanted part new/used: Model 65, 80, 90 part 1600.178.1 Führungsachse, hinten ø 4,615 Guide axle, rear, ø 4,615

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by neil180 View Post
    I have a full shroud / silencer on my LGU. THe noise of the action is still there but downrange it obviously makes a difference as I have to shout or throw things to clear birds off my targets while I am shooting!!
    Try shooting an RWS superdome or hobby in the general direction - the noise they make through the air should scare them off
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.