Thread: prohibited item question.

prohibited item question.

When a delivery company says in there prohibited item list "deactivate or activate or firearm" does this include a legal limit air rifle? When I've used RM SD in the past I've always agreed and ignored this bit. Before I send something soon using UPS, is this something I should be concerned about, what do you guy's think? Any advice please. Thanks. Derek

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    An airgun is a firearm (but not an S1 firearm), so on a literal interpretation it is prohibited. Ask them for clarification?
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

The fact that they include "deactivated" strongly indicates that they mean guns of any type, but you could phone them & confirm it.

Like it or not, guns of any type unsettle people not used to them and will always be treated differently.

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    When a delivery company says in there prohibited item list "deactivate or activate or firearm" does this include a legal limit air rifle? When I've used RM SD in the past I've always agreed and ignored this bit. Before I send something soon using UPS, is this something I should be concerned about, what do you guy's think? Any advice please. Thanks. Derek

UPS do not knowingly carry firearms of any description. The risk is if found they may destroy, if damaged they will not pay out.

Royal Mail and Parcelforce are the only company i know of which will carry UK legal airguns. The only alternative would be to use a private courier.

Ok thanks very much chaps. I really did not want to use RM SD, but it looks like I may not have much choice now. Derek

Couriers

Theres loads of outfits that farm out courier work call one of those and they'll put it out to all there small independants that will carry just about anything on a backhaul for little money....

Quote Originally Posted by Araon View Post
    Theres loads of outfits that farm out courier work call one of those and they'll put it out to all there small independants that will carry just about anything on a backhaul for little money....
    ... and uninsured.

on the contrary

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    ... and uninsured.
    Not at all they'll all offer insurance you'll be surprised... It's a very competitive market

Quote Originally Posted by Araon View Post
    Not at all they'll all offer insurance you'll be surprised... It's a very competitive market
    Ever tried claiming? each policy will have exclusions, and unless you have read every single line how can you be sure of cover? Some only cover on standard RHA conditions, which last time I claimed was £1600 per ton, and I'm fairly certain RHA won't cover weapons.

I thought the only service to send airguns for a private individual is parcelforce 48 ? Or that is what the post office told me !