Thread: How can I make my own air bottle holder?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How can I make my own air bottle holder?

Hello folks, I have done a search on here but didn't get many good results.

I have just, at last, purchased a small (3 litre??) air bottle to fill up my S400, a task which I only need to do a handful of times per year, so, for less cost and lighter weight/bulk, I opted for the smaller cylinder.

Over the years I have seen some excellent home-made carrying frames and I'd like to have a go at making my own.

Now, I have just watched a YouTube video of a frame made for a much larger diameter bottle, and whilst it was very informative, it wasn't to the spec I want to make mine.

Do any of you have such kit? If so, can you put some photos on here please?

Ideally, I want the neck end to fit into a U shape and the bottom end to fit into the diameter of the rest of the body, with a carry handle.

I already have a number of ideas in my head, but, seeing other people's examples is always a bonus.

Many thanks folks,

Cliff.
    Non Nobis Solum Sed Toti Mundo Nati.

Co-founder of "Treats4BritishTroops"

I've never tried to make one but if I had to set about it I'd consider a length of plastic sewer pipe. Easy to cut, shapes when hot then goes solid again. You could even cut a section out and bend the remaining strip up to make a carry handle.

Hi Clif, I got one from "Go dive" in leicester they are only £12 or so and are ideal for carrying bottles about.
    It's just two Velcro straps with a handle stitched on them (but much better than my discription)

If you want a cradle for the car I got two lengths of 40x100mm wood 12" long and cut out two semi circles and held them together with a bit of floor board and this will stop it rolling round in the boot.

ATB. Hal.

How about the kids favorite, paper mache?

Graham2 is offline Slightly camp, makes decent chilli, and has a box of tissues and a can of 3 In 1 in the gun room
    I used to carry a 3 litre bottle around in a robust canvas tool bag. The bag only cost about £10 and there was room inside for the hose, Combro chrono, tins of pellets etc. You could always make up a couple of U shaped pieces of wood to hold it more centrally but the bag did for me for years.
    Not camp, Gary just wishes I were!

Put it in your pocket, then everyone will think you're pleased to see them
    Do nothing, achieve nothing