Thread: How can I make my own air bottle holder?

How can I make my own air bottle holder?

Hello folks, I have done a search on here but didn't get many good results.

I have just, at last, purchased a small (3 litre??) air bottle to fill up my S400, a task which I only need to do a handful of times per year, so, for less cost and lighter weight/bulk, I opted for the smaller cylinder.

Over the years I have seen some excellent home-made carrying frames and I'd like to have a go at making my own.

Now, I have just watched a YouTube video of a frame made for a much larger diameter bottle, and whilst it was very informative, it wasn't to the spec I want to make mine.

Do any of you have such kit? If so, can you put some photos on here please?

Ideally, I want the neck end to fit into a U shape and the bottom end to fit into the diameter of the rest of the body, with a carry handle.

I already have a number of ideas in my head, but, seeing other people's examples is always a bonus.

Many thanks folks,

Cliff.
    Non Nobis Solum Sed Toti Mundo Nati.

Co-founder of "Treats4BritishTroops"

I've never tried to make one but if I had to set about it I'd consider a length of plastic sewer pipe. Easy to cut, shapes when hot then goes solid again. You could even cut a section out and bend the remaining strip up to make a carry handle.

Hi Clif, I got one from "Go dive" in leicester they are only £12 or so and are ideal for carrying bottles about.
    It's just two Velcro straps with a handle stitched on them (but much better than my discription)

If you want a cradle for the car I got two lengths of 40x100mm wood 12" long and cut out two semi circles and held them together with a bit of floor board and this will stop it rolling round in the boot.

ATB. Hal.

How about the kids favorite, paper mache?

Graham2 is offline Slightly camp, makes decent chilli, and has a box of tissues and a can of 3 In 1 in the gun room
    I used to carry a 3 litre bottle around in a robust canvas tool bag. The bag only cost about £10 and there was room inside for the hose, Combro chrono, tins of pellets etc. You could always make up a couple of U shaped pieces of wood to hold it more centrally but the bag did for me for years.
    Not camp, Gary just wishes I were!

Put it in your pocket, then everyone will think you're pleased to see them
    Do nothing, achieve nothing

I made a small frame out of some plywood and some dowells the thickness of broom handles.
    Using a kids compass I marked out the circumference of my bottle and cut a semi-circle out of the plywood and cut it out with a jigsaw.
    I used lag-bolts to attach the plywood ends to the dowells and then attached the bottle using bungy cords.

The frame is pretty robust and stops the bottle moving about in the boot of the car when I'm driving to and from the gun club.

Simples!
    Ouch!
    Barn Door Scarer
    HW95k .22, HW50s .22, BSA Goldstar SE .177, AA 510 Ult Sporter .177

I made this one a little while ago..

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...psgthp2met.jpg

Some good ideas there lads, thank you.
    Non Nobis Solum Sed Toti Mundo Nati.

Co-founder of "Treats4BritishTroops"

you want this to carry or secure in car when in transit. Suitable strength and protecting the valve is key in the car.
    bought ones for carry are telatively cheap. ply is good for making your own.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill