Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HW99s Appreciation Society...

Owned a 77k for years decided I needed a lighter shooter for hunting, spent ages deciding between 95 and 99 ended up buying 99s done all the mods delrin tophat and spring guide deburred and polished piston sleeve etc...

After a few tins of pellets I come to the conclusion I hated it.
    for some reason the rifle just felt wrong hated the cheap looking stock was a lot harder to be acurate for me than the 77k the thing just felt like a junior rifle.
    I sold it and bought a brand new hw97k did all the usual mods and my god the thing is such a dream to shoot a little heavy like the 77 but we'll worth the comprise.
    I know the the 99s has a good following but I could just not bond with it, just wish I had tested one before buying.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie1969 View Post
    Oh myyyyy,what have you done.......that is stunning!!
    They also sell the STL finished HW35... oh, and the '85 http://www.sportwaffen-schneider.de/...78_942_944_950

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    Yep i like these little marvels,got my Black from those above.My UK 99s in .177 is still full power how ever my older .22 version has developed the "Noise" it needs a strip down when i get round to it.
    Also have a .22 carbine with the Venom treatment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    Nice, but that mod is way OTT - a little manders / soundbiter would be plenty
    Ooo, a nice blued steel reflex mod' or muzzle weight would do nicely

The trouble is, the comb looks too low for a scope... as with most HW factory stocks...

Quote Originally Posted by airgunner bri View Post
    I can't wait to get my 99s imp from sandwell field sports in the next 2 weeks, it's been a long wait 10 weeks looking on YouTube at si pittaway shooting it looks very impressive. Anyone else got a imp?
    I had one , now Bill50 has it and I have his Lgv
    A few nice rifles

I have just acquired a 99s and I must say it feels more like a supersport with that extra sturdiness you expect from a weihrauch and of course the best trigger unit ever put into a springer bar none.
    However mine is the early version hence has the usual grating cocking link so I just bit the bullet and coughed up for the delrin inserted link and ordered a tinbum drop in kit, the internals are all polished up and waiting so here's hoping it turns out to be a sweet little tack driver!

I may buy a better piston seal for it too!

Atb
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    I have just acquired a 99s and I must say it feels more like a supersport with that extra sturdiness you expect from a weihrauch and of course the best trigger unit ever put into a springer bar none.
    However mine is the early version hence has the usual grating cocking link so I just bit the bullet and coughed up for the delrin inserted link and ordered a tinbum drop in kit, the internals are all polished up and waiting so here's hoping it turns out to be a sweet little tack driver!

I may buy a better piston seal for it too!

Atb
    Andy
    wer did you ger delrin insert link as mines doing the same

Quote Originally Posted by boko View Post
    wer did you ger delrin insert link as mines doing the same
    John knibbs mate, it's the whole upgraded cocking link with delrin insert fitted

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    John knibbs mate, it's the whole upgraded cocking link with delrin insert fitted
    thanks

Love my 99s, far exceeded my expectations even before I put a wonky donkey spring, top hat and guide in it - groups like someone else is shooting it and knocked over every rat that’s crossed our path so far

bought a second hand 99s in first class condition in177 got it home put it through crono it was doing 930 fps with webley accupell so took it to bits asap got a tinbum kit polished the piston and deburred cleaned and relubed very spairingley cut 2 coils of the spring asper y tube vid by veminhunters now doing 780 with same pellets and very accurate same hole at 20 yds if I do my bit and not as harsh to shoot and less twangy very impressed with it might screw cut it to fit a hw silencer will shoot a few hundred pellets through to see how it settles down and re crono it looking forward to a good ratting session