Thread: Impact Airguns - Theoben in Disguise?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    Did I say it didn't. It applies to all FAC not just air. You would have known that if you had replied to the thread with any knowledge of FAC at all.
    Mr Moley your attitude is likely to grab the attention of the mods because you are taking every chance to take a poke. Be careful
    Mr Edge, where did I ever suggest sending it by post? I said we took ours up in the car and that even allowing for 2 return trips, it was still substantially cheaper than sending a Daystate FAC in for a service. I was going on cost not legality so please stop trying to shoot FAC powered holes in things as your argument was about cost, I simply explained how much a KevG service was. Daystate would be at least 2 or 3 times as much!

So let us keep the argument to being one about cost and not one about how the heck it got there in the first place! Daystate are horrendously priced for servicing. Well noted.

As for attitude sir, anybody who tries to halt the development of air rifle technology, such as those pioneered by the "Fred the Fixers" as you so sneeringly call them, whose work then ends up in air rifles as the development is so much better than the parts that they are utilising is a fool of the highest order! Several tuners have had their developments incorporated into the new air rifles by Impact. Not just talk, proof.

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Mr Edge, where did I ever suggest sending it by post? I said we took ours up in the car and that even allowing for 2 return trips, it was still substantially cheaper than sending a Daystate FAC in for a service. I was going on cost not legality so please stop trying to shoot FAC powered holes in things as your argument was about cost, I simply explained how much a KevG service was. Daystate would be at least 2 or 3 times as much!

So let us keep the argument to being one about cost and not one about how the heck it got there in the first place! Daystate are horrendously priced for servicing. Well noted.

As for attitude sir, anybody who tries to halt the development of air rifle technology, such as those pioneered by the "Fred the Fixers" as you so sneeringly call them, whose work then ends up in air rifles as the development is so much better than the parts that they are utilising is a fool of the highest order! Several tuners have had their developments incorporated into the new air rifles by Impact. Not just talk, proof.
    Let me get this straight, You do not want to discuss FAC, you want to discuss purely on cost. Start a new thread then because the OP wanted to know purely about FAC. I don't care what you paid for your service, your three return trips or what Daystate charge for that matter. On cost alone FAC rifles tend to be more expensive to service and their is a lot more involved in getting one to the person doing the service whoever they are. To the OP. I think David TS has a nice Theoben FAC for sale at present.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Thanks Rob, I haven't applied yet and I understand from the very helpful post on the forum about the application process it'll take some time.

I'm in no hurry at the moment and I'm weighing up whether I need FAC or not, I have a cabinet as I have a boy who's very interested in air guns it the application process.