Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Impact Airguns - Theoben in Disguise?

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Jones View Post
    Theoben was legendary In the early 90s.
    You mean when they were building rifles up to a quality as opposed to down to a price margin (while maintaining the high price tag)? I would tend to agree with you.

RAW gets me vote

Quote Originally Posted by ROOKIE SNIPER1 View Post
    Second hand rapid and get KevG to do his thing on it
    +1 One won't go far wrong with the above advice

I recently contacted Impact about a part for a 1989 Sirrocco and ended up speaking to a very knowledgeable chap in the tech dept who knew exactly what I was after. He then transferred me to sales where I was quoted a price, which I found slightly eye watering, and paid via credit card. Considering I was buying a part for a rifle of that vintage that I'd struggle to get from anywhere else I got more comfortable with the price as the pain numbed!!
    Well that was last Wednesday and when we got home today after spending the weekend away it was waiting for me. Spot on I thought I'll get that in the garage later for some therapy, and even better the invoice was only half the cost quoted to me with postage also a quid less.
    Well pleased with that service.
    Regards,
    Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by The Squire View Post
    I recently contacted Impact about a part for a 1989 Sirrocco and ended up speaking to a very knowledgeable chap in the tech dept who knew exactly what I was after. He then transferred me to sales where I was quoted a price, which I found slightly eye watering, and paid via credit card. Considering I was buying a part for a rifle of that vintage that I'd struggle to get from anywhere else I got more comfortable with the price as the pain numbed!!
    Well that was last Wednesday and when we got home today after spending the weekend away it was waiting for me. Spot on I thought I'll get that in the garage later for some therapy, and even better the invoice was only half the cost quoted to me with postage also a quid less.
    Well pleased with that service.
    Good for you mate, give them a chance i say, they are a NEW company.

Quote Originally Posted by THE67al View Post
    Good for you mate, give them a chance i say, they are a NEW company.
    Totally agree and I hope they have learnt lessons from the last period of Theoben's manufacture.