Thread: Cheap original Remington 1858?

Cheap original Remington 1858?

Any floating about?
    Cheers

'Cheap', 'original' and 'Remington 1858 ' are not words that you often see in the same sentence.

It all depends on your idea of what constitutes 'cheap'.

Loads of luck there.

tac

As Tac says "cheap" and "original" probably won't go together!

If you mean "cheap" and "reproduction" then keep watch on here - I picked up a Pietta stainless Remington 1858 target model on this here BBS for £50 a couple of years back. It's been inducing giggles, but not necessarily holes in targets, ever since
    Buckle
    Proud member of The YCHJCYA2PDTHFH Club

Z1 Owners Club GB Wanted: Nothing at present!

Original = original lol, I've got repros but want one I can have outside the cabinet and a piece of history. Just don't want to blow 2 grand on something that's not going to be shootable.
    Cheers for replays boys

Cheap and original don't go together. God isn't making anymore originals and neither is Mr Remington.
    An investment in a good original can only go up in value.
    Have a look here (page 63/64).

www.mjnoble.co.uk/pdf/mjn-may-15.pdf

A couple of years ago Remingtons on this site where going for less than £1000.So a better return than leaving money in the bank.
    There's no reason why you can't put one on ticket but as Buckle has said you can get a 2nd hand one for a few quid and play around with it . I've got a .36 for £50, spent about another £50 to get it to spec and it puts holes where I want it to.
    Don't forget if it's on ticket it's in the cabinet.
    Last edited by jennings; 21-05-2015 at 11:52 PM.

Good post. And the link to MJ Noble is good. He is an honest broker and his prices simply bury the other Antique and Obsolete dealers, some of who are asking twice the price for the same quality of gun. He also does a good monthly write-up of the guns and history in the online catalogue. Be a sad day indeed when he closes shop.
    The Black-Powder Revival gathers steam..

Quote Originally Posted by jennings View Post
    Don't forget if it's on ticket it's in the cabinet.
    Yup, the moment it becomes a Section 1 firearm it is as 'dangerous' as a .50cal Barratt...

Of course, in these unhappy times, the 1858 Remington BP revolver is by far the preferred 'respect' handgun of the gangs, right? Hardly a day goes by without reports of carnage and shoot-outs involving clouds of smoke and flame and the general smell of cow-fart...

tac