Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time Waster

Time Waster

Hi All,

Just a word of warning about a time waster on here (Camcoll) and Airgunforum (Edge) called Keith. I have now had three emails from this guy in response to my wanted posts (for a Sheridan C9A) offering a Silver Streak (this was back in 2012), a boxed Sheridan and this week a mint C9A. I offered the asking price for the Silver Steak only for him to ignore me, I asked about the second for him to tell me he had changed his mind (see below) and the most recent exchange he is trying to back out saying he has lost the rear sight of the C9A. I only realised he was the same person whilst going through my old emails. Please be aware that this guy is just a time waster! Cheers.

Dan

Re: Boxed Sheridan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan J B
    Quote Originally Posted by camcoll
    IF you give me a call--- 01638 ******. Regarding a boxed Sheridan( .IF you are still looking for one) we MAY be able to do business. Keith
    Hi Keith,

Thanks for getting in touch. Can I ask what Model Number your Blue Streak is? Many thanks.

Dan
    Sorry Dan, I had second thoughts after I sent you the message and I've decided to give it to my nephew.
    Gamo Shadow 1000 (.22)
    BSA Lightning XL Tactical (.22)
    BSA Meteor Mark 7 (.22)

He has the right to change his mind mate.

Quote Originally Posted by THE67al View Post
    He has the right to change his mind mate.
    What 3 times after approaching me in the first place (and this started in 2012)! Really?

Dan
    Gamo Shadow 1000 (.22)
    BSA Meteor Mark 7 (.22)

Huntsman07 is offline I'm just a pecker who lives in the hills with too many guns.
    Being honest if I was in your situation I just wouldn't deal with him again, we all love our little toys we can change our mind. He hasn't conned you out of any money so to be fair he hasn't really done anything wrong. I would of just kept this between you and him

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman07 View Post
    Being honest if I was in your situation I just wouldn't deal with him again, we all love our little toys we can change our mind. He hasn't conned you out of any money so to be fair he hasn't really done anything wrong. I would of just kept this between you and him
    I agree up to a point however why keep on with same MO. I did not ask him to get in touch and change his mind. This is obviously a behavioral pattern which I think is worth sharing.

Dan
    Gamo Shadow 1000 (.22)
    BSA Meteor Mark 7 (.22)

Thumbs down Time waster

Dan your not alone in thinking this guy has a problem . I've had dealings with him Eccentric is how I would describe him . The last time I had contact with him was when I put an add in the wanted section for a Sharp Victory . he pm,'d me to say he had a mint one but wouldn't sell to me
    How bonkers is that !

Thanks for the info and accept it as a warning as I think it was intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Quig View Post
    Dan your not alone in thinking this guy has a problem . I've had dealings with him Eccentric is how I would describe him . The last time I had contact with him was when I put an add in the wanted section for a Sharp Victory . he pm,'d me to say he had a mint one but wouldn't sell to me
    How bonkers is that !
    Thank you Quig - at least I am not alone. Can't stand tyre kickers as they just waste everyone's time. Cheers.

Dan
    Gamo Shadow 1000 (.22)
    BSA Meteor Mark 7 (.22)

Theres some funny people out there

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    How bonkers is that !

I havent got one, but if I did I wouldn't sell it to you!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

shauny is offline Has a taste for the French fancys
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I havent got one, but if I did I wouldn't sell it to you!
    ha ha !

Thanks for the heads up. The majority of guys I have dealt with on this forum are honourable and trustworthy. Shame about the very few bad eggs ...
    Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little.

How bonkers is that !
    Sounds like an attention seeker, probably locked in a dark room on his own as a child by his parents.

All most of us ask is people to be straight with you, not too much to ask?

It takes all sorts to make the world go round mate.
    He's let you down a few times but you should just put it down to experience.
    Fair play for flagging it up though, it's worth others knowing.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by nurek View Post
    As soon as I got back in my car I realised that it wasn't right, so called him back and offered him another £100 for a swap back to how things were, so he would have made £200 for nothing (this was around 10 years ago). When I called he told me to "foxtrot oscar" and called me an annoying c**t and told me to never call him again, I didn't. Most people on here wouldn't have a problem with that and it's an unwritten rule that people I have bought guns from have 'first refusal'.
    To nurek

Personally speaking I would have just given you the gun and money back and we would have had a brew and then left as friends.

Dave
    Good deals done with: Aimstraight, mulletman6, GwyneddATC, evo97k, Hotwired, Ryan hw99s & Clipper.
    Gun owned .177 FAS 6004 Target pistol.