Thread: Time Waster

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nurek View Post
    This is old news, have a look at these threads to learn a bit more about camcoll/pande/keithp...

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ighlight=pande
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....nse-from-Pande

I did one deal with him where I swapped a break barrel Whiscombe JW50 for a Theoben Imperator FT SLR88 .177 and topped it up with 100 notes, yes a temporary moment of madness... As soon as I got back in my car I realised that it wasn't right, so called him back and offered him another £100 for a swap back to how things were, so he would have made £200 for nothing (this was around 10 years ago). When I called he told me to "foxtrot oscar" and called me an annoying c**t and told me to never call him again, I didn't. Most people on here wouldn't have a problem with that and it's an unwritten rule that people I have bought guns from have 'first refusal'.

He sold that JW on here a few years later for around 800 pounds profit

By the way this is the ONLY bad deal I had on the BBS, most were good as gold.
    I would have taken a pickaxe handle to introduce him to, you only get communtiy service nowdays

I have seen both sides of Camcoll. I did a deal with him some years ago and although he refused to take pics of the gun he was selling (and tried to make a virtue of the fact it was a 'gentleman's word only' kind of deal), his description of it was in fact accurate and it arrived when he said it would. But then we spoke amicably on the 'phone about prewar BSAs, and around the same time, a good mate of mine spoke to him at length too. Then suddenly he turned and would have nothing to do with either of us due to some or other imagined betrayal. Real weird, paranoid stuff, which was especially annoying for my mate, who is decent as they come and didn't take kindly to such random rudeness.

Now I've heard what he did to Piotr, I wouldn't touch Peter or his guns with a bargepole under any circumstances...
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.