Thread: Bisley Magnum

Bisley Magnum

Back in the day when I used to shoot FT 1992 Bisley Magnum .177 cal . was the pellet to use but Crossman were coming .
    The Mags were pellet on pellet at 55yds but had a bit of drop so range finding had to be spot on.
    What I am thinking is with the bigger mag scopes in use today range finding must be easy so if you dial and range fine spot on the magnum would buck the wind
    better.
    So has any one tried the BISLEY MAGNUM out for group size at 55yds if so what are they like these days

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    A lot must have changed with the good old Bisley Mag as I cannot get anywhere near pellet on pellet at 55 yards

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

this can happen as that is what RWS supper domes .177 cal did they went from being the best FT pellet to no where .
    I will pick up a tin of mags and try them at the range on sunday will try my 2 guns on the ftp900 and a HW101

Two of my rifles shoot the hw 'branded', 10.4 heavies tighter than anything else, look like bis mag, but slightly different, group differently too.
    I have barracuda match that seem just as good as ever too -
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by OUTCAST View Post
    Back in the day when I used to shoot FT 1992 Bisley Magnum .177 cal . was the pellet to use but Crossman were coming .
    The Mags were pellet on pellet at 55yds but had a bit of drop so range finding had to be spot on.
    What I am thinking is with the bigger mag scopes in use today range finding must be easy so if you dial and range fine spot on the magnum would buck the wind
    better.
    So has any one tried the BISLEY MAGNUM out for group size at 55yds if so what are they like these days
    You might find they blow about all over the place past 45 yards.

I suggest trying them back-to-back with JSB 8.4s

I'm still looking for the pellet on pellet option at 55 yards.

I managed all pellets inside 15mm the other day at 55 yards and threw the gun in the canal as it was obviously rubbish.

Do you happen to have the coordinates to that spot in the canal handy Col?

Bozzer pore workman blames his tools LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bozzer View Post
    I'm still looking for the pellet on pellet option at 55 yards.

I managed all pellets inside 15mm the other day at 55 yards and threw the gun in the canal as it was obviously rubbish.
    `which canal was it and where

pellet on pellet is EASILY achievable at 55 yards... I just need to fire a group of a couple of hundred shots and eventually it becomes true.
    I think and therefore...... I refuse to steal someone else's quote to try to sound more erudite or profound than I actually am.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I've never had great results with biz mags in any rifle.

Always wanted to try barracudas!
    Master Debater

they group well in my BSA Scorpion, dependant on batch, but the trajectory is more like a .22 so I fail to see the point in using them when I get just as good groups with JSB Exact and don't suffer the trajectory problem!

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by Artfull-Bodger View Post
    they group well in my BSA Scorpion, dependant on batch, but the trajectory is more like a .22 so I fail to see the point in using them when I get just as good groups with JSB Exact and don't suffer the trajectory problem!
    My thoughts entirely, - however, I've found JSB heavies to be a good compromise, about 30% heavier than a standard pellet in .177, still do over 700fps and produce a higher power value than my standard 8.4grn pellets at around 770fps, and very accurate.

Got to be at least worth a punt?

James

well been out and tried the MAGS 30yds one hole 40yds 10 pellets 6mm group 55yds = 11mm group 10 shots in both of my guns .
    FTP900 was better but bigger mag helps once your impact point is adjusted ,
    I found both guns need there 40yd number to be spot on at 30yds ajust turret and all numbers are the same or within a click .
    Both guns are running 700 to 705 fps on the MAGs
    So I find the MAGs good but AA 8.4g 4.52mm are a little better with sub 8mm groups at 54yds
    will only be using the MAGs for hunting nice to know I have a back up pellet on a wind blown day

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by OUTCAST View Post
    30yds one hole 40yds 10 pellets 6mm group 55yds = 11mm group 10 shots in both of my guns .
    Well done that man, I can get the one hole groups at 30m, but 11mm at 55yards is way out of my league.

James