Thread: RWS SuperDome Size....?

RWS SuperDome Size....?

Hi all.
    Wonder if anyone can help out..

Im going to try some SuperDomes in my Daystate .22, she generally prefers 5.51 so I thought I have a check as the stated head size is 5.5 .
    The stated size is as I say 5.5 but putting a couple through a 5.51 sizer they are obviously considerably bigger (possibly 5.53), I assume in the skirt I cant say as I don't have a micro-meter.

I'm not going to size the batch down yet until I've had a chance to try them on a longer distance range but as I say larger sizes generally give considerably lower FPS and are tight to load.
    Anyway tonight will be running some testing strings on them.

Does anyone have anything to say on this or has found the same.

ATB
    Paul

I gave up trying Superdomes in my .22 Airwolf. They were too tight in the mag and, the ones that I had were quite rough with what looked liked swarf around the sides of the head.

The .177's work well in my other rifles.

All of the above.

rws superdome size

I've never sized them but have tried them in my huntsman classic .22, I found them tight to seat in the breech so would agree with you that they are larger than 5.52. have you tried rws superfeild? They work well as a cheaper alternative to JSB jumbos which are the best out to longer ranges . They're best as a springer pellet the superdomes I feel.

Hi all
    Looked at the superfields but the weight was getting up there with AA Field which show a massive POI drop at 35 yds

Ill have a play and see how it goes.

ATB
    Paul