Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time Waster

Seems there are problems on other sites too, thought people like this got banned

Quote Originally Posted by nurek View Post
    This is old news, have a look at these threads to learn a bit more about camcoll/pande/keithp...

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ighlight=pande
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....nse-from-Pande

I did one deal with him where I swapped a break barrel Whiscombe JW50 for a Theoben Imperator FT SLR88 .177 and topped it up with 100 notes, yes a temporary moment of madness... As soon as I got back in my car I realised that it wasn't right, so called him back and offered him another £100 for a swap back to how things were, so he would have made £200 for nothing (this was around 10 years ago). When I called he told me to "foxtrot oscar" and called me an annoying c**t and told me to never call him again, I didn't. Most people on here wouldn't have a problem with that and it's an unwritten rule that people I have bought guns from have 'first refusal'.

He sold that JW on here a few years later for around 800 pounds profit

By the way this is the ONLY bad deal I had on the BBS, most were good as gold.
    I would have taken a pickaxe handle to introduce him to, you only get communtiy service nowdays

Ieazo is offline Tony hawk's stunt double...Just the face though
    Quote Originally Posted by nurek View Post
    Dave, most people on here would, I would have been happy with having the gun back and him having the £200... but this guy is special hence there is a few threads about him

BTW here is another post about the same guy, under a nick of keithp this time (2006 vintage):

http://activeshooter.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6005

You make your own mind up...
    For people's information this link is to an old thread from Airgun Universe which was 'imported' onto the Active Shooter site when it was started by one of the old AGU owners.
    I like tinkering and banging

I have seen both sides of Camcoll. I did a deal with him some years ago and although he refused to take pics of the gun he was selling (and tried to make a virtue of the fact it was a 'gentleman's word only' kind of deal), his description of it was in fact accurate and it arrived when he said it would. But then we spoke amicably on the 'phone about prewar BSAs, and around the same time, a good mate of mine spoke to him at length too. Then suddenly he turned and would have nothing to do with either of us due to some or other imagined betrayal. Real weird, paranoid stuff, which was especially annoying for my mate, who is decent as they come and didn't take kindly to such random rudeness.

Now I've heard what he did to Piotr, I wouldn't touch Peter or his guns with a bargepole under any circumstances...
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Seems there are problems on other sites too, thought people like this got banned

Calm down Pete.

Admin can't just go around banning folks at the drop of a hat --- we could get a bad reputation.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Calm down Pete.

Admin can't just go around banning folks at the drop of a hat --- we could get a bad reputation.

All the best Mick

Always calm here Mick Don't want anyone being banned just because they have many user names and a little bad press

Live, and let live that's me

Just to say i was surprised to see this post as back about 2 years ago i must have done about 20 or so deals with keith, It may have even been double that and always found him a pleasant chap , I had never sent him anything recorded so he had plenty of opportunity to pull a fast one and never had any trouble with him.

This now explains my recent curious exchange with someone called 'Edge' on that other place. Thanks for the heads-up.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Just to say i was surprised to see this post as back about 2 years ago i must have done about 20 or so deals with keith, It may have even been double that and always found him a pleasant chap , I had never sent him anything recorded so he had plenty of opportunity to pull a fast one and never had any trouble with him.
    Keith? who's Keith?

Calm down Pete.

All the best Mick
    In fairness, it is not "at a drop of the hat"... I am very sure that admin has had this guy flagged it many times over the years... Look at the number of long term members who have complained on this thread alone. They are along term member because they are reasonable and not hysterical people... They tend to get banned v quickly...

People have been kicked out for so called trading and it was a lot less than what this guy does. If you look at his posts they are almost all in the classified section.... Yet he always remains... I remember that he had numerous accounts on here, even though that is not allowed...

He is best ignored and that is what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeam View Post
    This now explains my recent curious exchange with someone called 'Edge' on that other place. Thanks for the heads-up.

Peter

'Edge'? who's Edge?

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    'Edge'? who's Edge?

He's the guitarist with U2 Peter.

He's the guitarist with U2 Peter.
    No that was 'Vedge'!

I think a lot of people have had dealings with Keith over the years.

I bought a wonderful Superstar off him, and the deal went without a hitch. I thought we were getting along really well, but it all ended badly when Kieth eventually asked me not to contact him again, and ended all contact. My one regret is that I sent him a copy of John Griffiths excellent encyclopedia of spring pistols, at face value, at a time when they were changing hands for massively more. This I did in the spirit of friendship, as I thought we both shared a passion for old airguns. Wish I hadn't bothered now. Not sure what makes him change from nice bloke one minute to rude and nasty the next?

Lakey

Camcol?, who's Camcol