Thread: AA TX200 silencer

AA TX200 silencer

hi
    ive had someone ask which is the best silencer to put on a AA TX200?

is there eney that perform better/quieter than others

Bolton Lancs, the shooting sports capital of the c
    Ive got a Jim Edge silencer and 1/4" adapter on mine, its about the quietest i've used on the TX. and the quality is fantastic.

(If interested checkout airgun forum, i'm sure he advertises in the trade section)

ATB

Mick
    Daystate MK4S / Falcon Optics 4.5-18x56 IR Menace Reticle ML-16 Skeleton

guybinks Guest
    Hoe much did you pay for that?

Am looking for a silencer myself for the "Beast"

Thumbs up Get a Weirauch

get a thread adapter if needed and but the Weirauch one - quieter than a mouse f@rting at 100 paces

Andrew

guybinks Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajayen
    get a thread adapter if needed and but the Weirauch one - quieter than a mouse f@rting at 100 paces

Andrew
    Where can I get me a thread adapter?

Does this screw in the barrel, and have a female or male thread for the Weihrauch?

You will need one, if the AA does not have a std 1/2" unf thread - Try Blackpool Air Rifles, they were trying them on Daystates and AA's yesterday

HTH

Is it the HC, or the Mk3? The Mk3 is already pretty quiet, The HC has the plenum insert, which you can take out, check the thread, etc. and fit a different silencer. Sorry if you already know this..!
    Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Arrow

Agree with Gus-the Mk 3 doesn't need an extra silencer really. Jim Edge silencers are fantastic but all add-on silencers will ruin the looks of the HC.
    The whole point of a CARBINE is that it is short, has a faster lock time and is very 'pointable'. In my view fitting a silencer ruins the looks and handling totally. Why bother? If you don't want a short rifle buy the Mk 3 or better still the Pro Sport.

I purchased the Air Arms silencer for my TX 200 HC last year, and although it is a lot quieter than the plenum insert which comes with the gun, i feel the gun does feel and handle better without the silencer on.

I have been in my hide a few times this year shooting at rabbit's with a hedge either side and you have to wait for them to come out into the middle, even with the silencer on, once you take a shot it takes forever for them to venture out again, so i have thought to myself what's the point in having it on.

I suppose it would be better suited when the rabbits are well out into the open away from any cover.

MILO

guybinks Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick
    Agree with Gus-the Mk 3 doesn't need an extra silencer really. Jim Edge silencers are fantastic but all add-on silencers will ruin the looks of the HC.
    The whole point of a CARBINE is that it is short, has a faster lock time and is very 'pointable'. In my view fitting a silencer ruins the looks and handling totally. Why bother? If you don't want a short rifle buy the Mk 3 or better still the Pro Sport.
    I agree totally, but the wife complains of the noise when I shoot it on my home range.

I sit with the french doors open, popping away!

I prefer the short stubby look of the Carbine TX.

So would I need a 1/2" UNF Male to 1/2" UNF Male, so I could thread it into the barrel, and then the Weihrauch into the UNF sticking out the barrel

Where can I get a 1/2" UNF Male to 1/2" UNF Male adaptor?

I'll have a trawl on Google

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by guybinks
    I agree totally, but the wife complains of the noise when I shoot it on my home range.

I sit with the french doors open, popping away!

I prefer the short stubby look of the Carbine TX.

So would I need a 1/2" UNF Male to 1/2" UNF Male, so I could thread it into the barrel, and then the Weihrauch into the UNF sticking out the barrel

Where can I get a 1/2" UNF Male to 1/2" UNF Male adaptor?

I'll have a trawl on Google
    I understand your predicament! Any problems getting the converter try Air Arms or look for a silencer with a male fitting which would then screw in without an adapter. Good luck and good shooting!