Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sussex Interclub HFT 2015 - Round 3

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

Jelly .....

your PM in box is full.

In case not cleared by time I have to go and set a course this morning, the answer you seek is "peg 9". Peg 10 should be ok too. I'm sure Charles or I can sort out this issue.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

The course is ....

.... set.

Big thanks to today's main crew - Steve, Vince, Dave, Eli and Peter - and to Vince (again) and Gerry and Stewart for prepping the ground with mowers and strimmers.

Hope it's fun. So much will depend (as it so often does) on tomorrow's breeze. And the forecast is still suggesting both wet and wind - in substantial amounts.

Reminder that booking in will commence on (or shortly before) 09:00 and the safety brief just before the starting gun at 10:00.

I remain hopeful that we'll be able to park in the main field. The grass is short in that area, but please go slow to avoid risk of wheel-spin.

See y'all in the morning.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Sorry I can't make it, have to catch a plane from Gatwick at 06:25 to do Her Majesty's bidding in Seville for 10 days. Tough work but someone's gotta do it...

Have fun amigos.

Ricardo who doth not visit the barber of Seville.
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post

Ricardo who doth not visit the barber of Seville.
    Why not. You'll be safe with him. At least, much more so than your own efforts

I don't normally venture out in the wet but...

1) It's SiHFT
    B) It's Swallows

See you tomorrow
    Bob

BN7 3NF is probably a teeny bit closer for those of you using sat nav. Otherwise, I know that some sat navs have our named farm/lakes road in their listings i.e. The Droveway, Kingston Village. 50.856227 North, 0.005365 East is our precise lat and long reference.

ok im confused now. do i go down the droveway as you just suggested or take the track as your website suggests?
    cheers.
    rich.
    M.A.D FOR IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderboy View Post
    BN7 3NF is probably a teeny bit closer for those of you using sat nav. Otherwise, I know that some sat navs have our named farm/lakes road in their listings i.e. The Droveway, Kingston Village. 50.856227 North, 0.005365 East is our precise lat and long reference.

ok im confused now. do i go down the droveway as you just suggested or take the track as your website suggests?
    cheers.
    rich.
    The track is The Droveway

Biggles

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    The track is The Droveway

Biggles

not according to google maps but im sure ill find it anyway, ill just leave earlier than i anticipated and go up both tracks that you mention until i find it. not brain surgery but some degree of accuracy when coming to a new place is always appreciated.
    mind you if youre advertising a forthcoming shoot in the results section then this is probably to expected.
    hope to see you there so we can have an enthralling discussion about road names.
    cheers.
    rich.
    M.A.D FOR IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderboy View Post
    not according to google maps but im sure ill find it anyway, ill just leave earlier than i anticipated and go up both tracks that you mention until i find it. not brain surgery but some degree of accuracy when coming to a new place is always appreciated.
    mind you if youre advertising a forthcoming shoot in the results section then this is probably to expected.
    hope to see you there so we can have an enthralling discussion about road names.
    cheers.
    rich.
    Delighted that you found us and hope you enjoyed yourself - in spite of the weather, over which I have yet to develop command.