Thread: allross Trailsman

allross Trailsman

Knock on the door last night, one of my mates boyfriends with a gun bag. Marks a builder and had been given this gun by the owner of a house he did some work on. Marks a biker but has no idea of guns, so on opening the gun bag it was a Trailsman take down. .22 barell, I charged her from my tank and shes still holding air, allso had a nice Whitetail 1-5x20 and a screw on stubby silencer. I only have a small back yard and a crazy old woman has a nosey neighbour next door So had to test with my chrono in the hall way with a suitable back stop using air arms/ jsbs shes doing a nice 11.3 ftlbs. Mark liked the " day of the jackal" look and at first was happy to sell to me then he saw my collection, stated f , I thought i was bad on my bikes, he has 11 includeing a Vicent and a Nortan has well has his Hondas and Suzukis Hes now decided hes keeping the bloody thing or he thinks he is, ( have to have a word with the lovley Kath his good lady and one of my best mates ) may well come my way then I have the co2 Starfire thats awesome, the Trailsman looks has well made, how many of them were made, I know from corrspondence with BTDT that sadly Allros are long gone.

Resealed one for my mate, very simple design and a bit agricultural. Could make one in my garage. Seemed very accurate, but found it difficult to line up threads of air cylinder when screwing together.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    I had one in 22 a couple years back, very accurate,but like a fool i sold it.If you get it make sure you don`t loose the o ring off the cylinder,sounds like a sub machine gun if its missing if i remember correctly its a low shot count (20) or so ?
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

I...

...miss that Starfire
    Pardon?

I have a Trailsman Dave http://s662.photobucket.com/user/pmb...os%20trailsman

Above link has a copy of the Alros sales advert at the time.

Mine has optional extras: silencer, s/steel bolt handle, and tool-roll carry bag. I bought it from tinbum. Its .177 cal. set up to give 30 good shots at 10.5 FPE.

I don't know how many were made, but r.e. Alros quality, apparently some mistakes were made by cheapening the manufacturing processes... which is a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post

Mine has optional extras: silencer, s/steel bolt handle, and tool-roll carry bag. I bought it from tinbum. Its .177 cal. set up to give 30 good shots at 10.5 FPE.

I don't know how many were made, but r.e. Alros quality, apparently some mistakes were made by cheapening the manufacturing processes... which is a shame.
    like that a lot, thanks Phill.

Alros Trailsman

as well as the slim cylinder they also did a 400cc bottle like a rapid 7 , i have both and in my oppion the bigger botle helps with the balance . Very accurate .

Quote Originally Posted by Quig View Post
    as well as the slim cylinder they also did a 400cc bottle like a rapid 7 , i have both and in my oppion the bigger botle helps with the balance . Very accurate .
    not seen that version, any chance of a few pics please

Shown on the advert link on post above.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Shown on the advert link on post above.

Baz
    thank you Baz will take a closer look.

well, looks like hes keeping it, should have told him it was a crap thing too bloody honet for my own good sometimes

Let me know if this comes up for sale, been after a slim tube model for a while now

Here you go, both versions of the Trailsman.

------------------------------
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by mike hunt View Post
    Let me know if this comes up for sale, been after a slim tube model for a while now
    ok will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post

I love mine too. I have the slim tube version in multi-shot.... (8 x mag)
    ...but caused me real problems when i first got it - hence the separate thread you've just prompted me to put up in case my solution is helpful for others.

Enjoy - a huge grin is a habitual symptom of ownership!

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....s-modification